Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem with nmon, actual CPU usage per process Post 302777985 by zaxxon on Saturday 9th of March 2013 03:40:55 AM
Old 03-09-2013
I was only looking for the IBM pages. There are several examples that use switches I used.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Process CPU usage in Solaris 10

Hi All, Please let me know the command (expect top) to view the cpu usage of every process in Solaris 10. Thanks in Advance, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
1 Replies

2. AIX

CPU usage of a process

I'm trying to monitor the CPU usage of a process and output that value to a file or variable. I know topas or nmon can tell me this in interactive mode but what I need is topas-looking output that allows me to write to a file after a discrete interval. Unlike nmon data collection to a file on top... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robot23
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding CPU usage by a Unix Process

Hi, I am designing a load balancer for an application. I am trying to find out the CPU usage by a specifc Unix process (PID is known). I guess I can use ps command to find that. can somebody help me in finding what exact command I should use to find? It is on AIX 5.3. Regards Asutosh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process cpu usage

Trying to come up with a command that will show all processes sorted from highest cpu usage to lowest. Any ideas? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwsmichigan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU Usage for a particular process

Hi, I have a shell script. But, upon execution of the same, the cpu usage is sometimes getting 100 % (checked executing top command). At that point of time, my process hangs, doesn't run anymore. I need to kill it manually. My concern is, is there any default method, by which I can check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to trace cpu/memory usage for a process

I don't know when the process will start and end, I need write a script to trace it's cpu/memory usage when it is runing. How to write this script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU Usage of a process

Hi guys, I am currently writing a JAVA script to monitor certain unix processes through JConsole. Upon having lots of trouble with runtime.exec, i decided to bypass the top/ps command call and just get the information straight from /proc/*pid*/whatever. Now i can pull back any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt9949
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Average CPU and RAM usage for a process

Hi, I will be creating a process myself and I want to know the average CPU and RAM used by the process over the lifetime of the process. I see that there are various tools available(pidstat) for doing , I was wondering if it possible to do it in a single command while creation. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koustubh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky situation with process cpu usage - AIX

OS: AIX so we frequently receive a lot of cpu related alerts. all types of checks have been created to keep an eye on the cpu but a lot of these checks make too much noise as the CPU is always being seen as high. the system and application owners say there's no issue with the cpu. so now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I check actual memory usage each Process?

I can't check actual memory usage in the Redhat 5.5... The used memory is 14214 Mb of Total 15919 by Free -m command. I sum the RSS value on PS aux command result and the value is 5428.66Mb. Yes It's quite different actual usage memory and RSS value. So I added Shared memory value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
5 Replies
euctoibmj(1)							   User Commands						      euctoibmj(1)

NAME
euctoibmj, ibmjtoeuc - Code conversion between Japanese EUC and IBM-Japanese SYNOPSIS
euctoibmj [-t] [-u code] [-U] [filename...] ibmjtoeuc [-u code] [-U] [filename...] AVAILABILITY
SUNWjfpu DESCRIPTION
euctoibmj converts the contents of the specified filenames from ASCII/ Japanese EUC to EBCDIC/IBM-Japanese. ibmjtoeuc converts the con- tents of the specified filenames from EBCDIC/IBM-Japanese to ASCII/ Japanese EUC. The both commands write the resultant code to stdout. If filename is not given, input characters are read from the standard input. For Japanese language handling, the euctoibmj/ibmjtoeucj pair of commands provide conversion only between the two code standards. Code con- version among Japanese EUC, JIS, and PC kanji are supported by another set of commands, jistoeuc(1) family or iconv(1). OPTIONS
-u code With this option specified, characters in one code set that do not have corresponding characters in the other are mapped to the code given in four-digit hexadecimal HOST CODE of IBM Japanese (for euctoibmj) or in four-digit JIS Ku-Ten code (for ibmjtoeuc). Without this option, such characters are mapped to HOST CODE 4040 (for euctoibmj) or JIS Ku-Ten code 0101 (for ibmjtoeuc). -U The output is not buffered (The default is buffered output). -t With this option specified, euctoibmj translates Half-Size Katakana (Code Set 2) in Japanese EUC to the corresponding characters in Code Set 1 prior to conversion. Without this option, Code Set 2 characters in Japanese EUC are processed to the illegal charac- ter. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variables LC_CTYPE and LANG control the character classification throughout these commands. For euctoibmj and ibmjtoeuc to work correctly, one or both of the environment variables must be set to ja or an equivalent locale. On entry to these commands, these envi- ronment variables are checked in the following order: LC_CTYPE and LANG. When a valid value is found, remaining environment variables for character classification are ignored. FILES
/usr/lib/jcodetables/ibmj-euc Code conversion table for IBM Japanese. SEE ALSO
iconv(1), jistoeuc(1), iconv_ja(5) DIAGNOSTICS
unexpected data encountered in input. Illegal character code is found in input file. BUGS
The ASCII/EBCDIC conversion table are taken from the 256 character standard in the CACM Nov, 1968. The conversion, while less blessed as a standard, corresponds better to certain IBM print train convertions. There is no universal solution. The Japanese EUC/IBM Japanese conversion table is based on the IBM Kanji codebook (4th edition - September 1987), JIS X 0201, and JIS X 0208-1983. If JIS X 0212 caracter set is specified as input, euctoibmj can not support the conversion correctly. SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 euctoibmj(1)