Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailing the job log
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailing the job log Post 302771241 by sahe on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 05:01:54 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Mailing the job log

Hi All,

i am a begginner in autosys. i want the job log to be mailed if a job gets failed in autosys.please help me with this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert child job under a box job?

I have this box job and it contains only one job under it which is to load a file. I want to insert a "File Watcher", "Copy File" to it? Have no clue how to do that...any help plzzz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Log files to view job executed in Autosys -- Help ASAP

Hi all, I really need your help ASAP on this. Below is the description of my problem and a sketch of Autosys Job Activity Console ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ File View Options +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Job Name Description Status Command Machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakal_woman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing a daily backup job from a unique log file.

Hi guys, I´m a newbie in Linux, but I´m trying to solve some problems studying on my own, but I´ve had some problems with AWK. Look, I have one single backup log file per server and I want to make a daily delection from the last backup job to show in a intranet of my work. The log files are from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalfreakbr
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Scriptoutput and mailing the log

Hi Guys, i´ve oncemore a little question, hope somebody can help me. Here´s my "problem": I´ve running a script via cron every evening at 21:30 - this script reads 5 xml-Files and output the result in a logfile. When the script ends without errors i´ve an entry in my logfile and also... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackcracker
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want a script to view the complete log information of data stage job from UNIX IBM AIX.

Hi, I am working on data stage 8.7 version and I want a script a to view the all log information of the data stage job from UNIX environment. Can you please help me out by give the script. Thanks in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Log error from cron job into log file

Hi Please would it be right to log the errors from a script running in cron in the following manner: /datax/vendor/dump.sh > /datax/vendor/err.log 2>&1 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
16 Replies
stopped(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						stopped(7)

NAME
stopped - event signalling that a job has stopped SYNOPSIS
stopped JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The stopped event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has stopped. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. If the job was stopped normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job was stopped because it has failed it will be failed. When the job has failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable. This may be pre-start, post-start, main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job was stopped because it hit the respawn limit. Finally in the case of a failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop. Either EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received. The normal exit job configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see init(5) for more information. If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed to spawn (for example, file not found). See the system logs for the error. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the starting(7) event by services when inserting themselves as a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopped event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running whenever another service would be running, started before and stopped after it, might use: start on starting apache stop on stopped apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been stopped might use: start on stopped postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) started(7) stopping(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 stopped(7)