Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL for postfix or sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ACL for postfix or sendmail Post 302770910 by safsound on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 03:16:02 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Possible in sendmail but if it takes rewrite rules, very demanding. You mean incoming mail will be relayed to one of several hosts by domain? Nothing delivered locally? Or are you talking about outgoing mail? ACL is a file permission thing, usually.

Postfix is pretty standard about this sort of thing: Postfix SMTP relay and access control
Yes, i just want relay (outgoing) somes network to use my MTA, no local mail, example :

somes network -------> my MTA -----> outgoing mail (all destination)

i want filter somes network/domain from incoming but nothing to outgoing,

But i need to match network with his domain. not just allow a domain incoming or network incoming but twice

i see access control for postfix but i dont find any configuration example to help me

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail tranmission issue: Postfix/Sendmail

Hi, I have email that is being routed from one server to another server it seems. The sending server has postfix running and the receiving server has sendmail running. The sendmail status is receiving connection. The sending server cannot seem to reach the receiving server. Error logs state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Replace sendmail with Postfix

Hi, I am assigned to replace sendmail with Postfix in solaris 10. Can anyone please tell what are the steps should be taken like files to backup and what are the configurations should be taken care and so on??????? Appreciate any help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

French characters in postfix/sendmail

Hello again, How can I send emails via postfix with special characters like "à" via postfix. When I'm paste-ing the special character inside a editor (nano) it shows like this --> � ... any tips? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
ACCESS(5)							File Formats Manual							 ACCESS(5)

NAME
access - format of Postfix access table SYNOPSIS
postmap /etc/postfix/access DESCRIPTION
The optional access table directs the Postfix SMTP server to selectively reject or accept mail. Access can be allowed or denied for spe- cific host names, domain names, networks, host network addresses or mail addresses. Normally, the access table is specified as a text file that serves as input to the postmap(1) command. The result, an indexed file in dbm or db format, is used for fast searching by the mail system. Execute the command postmap /etc/postfix/access in order to rebuild the indexed file after changing the access table. When the table is provided via other means such as NIS, LDAP or SQL, the same lookups are done as for ordinary indexed files. Alternatively, the table can be provided as a regular-expression map where patterns are given as regular expressions. In that case, the lookups are done in a slightly different way as described below. TABLE FORMAT
The format of the access table is as follows: pattern action When pattern matches a mail address, domain or host address, perform the corresponding action. blank lines and comments Empty lines and whitespace-only lines are ignored, as are lines whose first non-whitespace character is a `#'. multi-line text A logical line starts with non-whitespace text. A line that starts with whitespace continues a logical line. EMAIL ADDRESS PATTERNS
With lookups from indexed files such as DB or DBM, or from networked tables such as NIS, LDAP or SQL, the following lookup patterns are examined in the order as listed: user@domain Matches the specified mail address. domain.tld Matches domain.tld as the domain part of an email address. The pattern domain.tld also matches subdomains, but only when the string smtpd_access_maps is listed in the Postfix par- ent_domain_matches_subdomains configuration setting. Otherwise, specify .domain.tld (note the initial dot) in order to match subdo- mains. user@ Matches all mail addresses with the specified user part. Note: lookup of the null sender address is not possible with some types of lookup table. By default, Postfix uses <> as the lookup key for such addresses. The value is specified with the workaround is to specify smtpd_null_access_lookup_key parameter in the Postfix main.cf file. ADDRESS EXTENSION
When a mail address localpart contains the optional recipient delimiter (e.g., user+foo@domain), the lookup order becomes: user+foo@domain, user@domain, domain, user+foo@, and user@. HOST NAME
/ADDRESS PATTERNS With lookups from indexed files such as DB or DBM, or from networked tables such as NIS, LDAP or SQL, the following lookup patterns are examined in the order as listed: domain.tld Matches domain.tld. The pattern domain.tld also matches subdomains, but only when the string smtpd_access_maps is listed in the Postfix par- ent_domain_matches_subdomains configuration setting. Otherwise, specify .domain.tld (note the initial dot) in order to match subdo- mains. net.work.addr.ess net.work.addr net.work net Matches any host address in the specified network. A network address is a sequence of one or more octets separated by ".". ACTIONS
[45]NN text Reject the address etc. that matches the pattern, and respond with the numerical code and text. REJECT Reject the address etc. that matches the pattern. A generic error response message is generated. OK Accept the address etc. that matches the pattern. all-numerical An all-numerical result is treated as OK. This format is generated by address-based relay authorization schemes. restriction... Apply the named UCE restriction(s) (permit, reject, reject_unauth_destination, and so on). REGULAR EXPRESSION TABLES
This section describes how the table lookups change when the table is given in the form of regular expressions. For a description of regu- lar expression lookup table syntax, see regexp_table(5) or pcre_table(5). Each pattern is a regular expression that is applied to the entire string being looked up. Depending on the application, that string is an entire client hostname, an entire client IP address, or an entire mail address. Thus, no parent domain or parent network search is done, user@domain mail addresses are not broken up into their user@ and domain constituent parts, nor is user+foo broken up into user and foo. Patterns are applied in the order as specified in the table, until a pattern is found that matches the search string. Actions are the same as with indexed file lookups, with the additional feature that parenthesized substrings from the pattern can be inter- polated as $1, $2 and so on. BUGS
The table format does not understand quoting conventions. SEE ALSO
postmap(1) create mapping table smtpd(8) smtp server pcre_table(5) format of PCRE tables regexp_table(5) format of POSIX regular expression tables LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA ACCESS(5)