Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenating 3 files into a single file Post 302762219 by tokiwinter on Monday 28th of January 2013 08:57:29 AM
Old 01-28-2013
The case of the data in your source files and expected output does not match. Is this intentional?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatenating x files into a one...

... i have 4 files to concatenate but in a certain order and i wanted to do it in a shorter one line command , if possible ! 4 files : file , file0 , file1 and file2 file1 into file2 file0 into the result file into the result thanks in advance Christian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nicol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

negatively concatenating files

That subject might sound weird. What I have is two files. One looks like: rf17 pts/59 Jul 10 08:43 (10.72.11.22) 27718 pts/59 0:00 b rf17 pts/3 Jul 10 10:03 (10.72.11.22) 32278 pts/3 1:43 b rf58 pts/29 Jul 10 10:09 (10.72.11.51) 44220 pts/29 0:06 b rf58 pts/61 Jul 10 08:45 (10.72.11.51)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating two files

HI I need to concatenate two files which are having headers. the result file should contain only the header from first file only and the header in second file have to be skipped. file1: name age sriram 23 file2 name age prabu 25 result file should be name age sriram 23 prabu ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriramprabu
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating Text Files

Hi, I have 30 text files on UNIX that I need to concatenate and create one big file. Could anyone provide me with a solution (if one exist)? I need the answer asap (today). Thanks a lot. Denis (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 222001459
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating column values with unique id into single row

Hi, I have a table in Db2 with data say id_1 phase1 id_1 phase2 id_1 phase3 id_2 phase1 id_2 phase2 I need to concatenate the values like id_1 phase1,phase2,phase3 id_2 phase1,phase2 I tried recursive query but in vain as the length of string to be concatenated in quite long. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsaravana
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Files In A Year/Month/Day File Structure

Hi Im trying to concatenate a specific file from each day in a year/month/day folder structure using Bash or equivalent. The file structure ends up like this: 2009/01/01/products 2009/01/02/products .... 2009/12/31/products The file I need is in products everyday and I need the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste 2 single column files to a single file

Hi, I have 2 csv/txt files with single columns. I am trying to merge them using paste, but its not working.. output3.csv: flowerbomb everlon-jewelry sofft steve-madden dolce-gabbana-watchoutput2.csv: http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Flowerbomb http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Everlon-Jewelry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a master file of conjugated verbs by concatenating root and inflection from separate files

Excuses for the long descriptive title. I am working with Sindhi and developing a database of all verbal conjugations in that language. I have generated 2 files: Verbs.dic contains all the verbs, one verb per line Inflections.dic contains the verbal conjugations which need to be appended to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output file name and file contents of multiple files to a single file

I am trying to consolidate multiple information files (<hostname>.Linux.nfslist) into one file so that I can import it into Excel. I can get the file contents with cat *Linux.nfslist >> nfslist.txt. I need each line prefaced with the hostname. I am unsure how to do this. --- Post updated at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kentlee65
5 Replies
newinv(1)						      General Commands Manual							 newinv(1)

Name
       newinv - update distribution kit master inventory

Syntax
       /usr/sys/dist/newinv mi-file input-path

Description
       The  command  interactively maintains the master inventory files used for producing distributions in format. The program updates the master
       inventory for a product when changes are made to the hierarchy of files which are to be packaged in the subsets which constitute the  prod-
       uct.

The  product  hierarchy	is  scanned to produce a list of component path names relative to input-path.  The list of path names is processed
       against the mi-file to produce a list of those files which have been removed from the product hierarchy and a list  of  those  files  which
       have been added.

The  user is then given an opportunity to intervene and direct the inventory maintenance by editing these lists.  The user is placed in the
       editor with each list available for editing.  The editor used is the one specified by the EDITOR environment variable.  If  EDITOR  is  not
       set,  is  used.	 When editing the list of files which have been removed from the product, the user is expected to verify that the removals
       were intentional, and confirm the intent by removing the associated record from the file. When editing the list of files  which	have  been
       added to the product, the user is expected to provide flags and subset information for each new file, transforming the elements of the list
       into master inventory records.

Both of these lists are merged with the records for the files which have not been changed to produce a new copy	of  the  master  inventory
       file.

Arguments
       mi-file	      The  pathname of the master inventory file to be processed. If no master inventory file exists, you must create an empty one
		      before using the command.

input-path     The name of the product hierarchy to be scanned for files belonging in the inventory. All files and directories found  below
		      the input-path will be processed as belonging in the inventory.

Restrictions
       The default text editor if not specified in $EDITOR is

Files  in the product hierarchy cannot be excluded from the master inventory. Files can be blocked from being kitted in the final distribu-
       tion kit by setting the subset field of the master inventory record to NOSHIP.

Examples
       To update the master inventory file ULT400.mi from the hierarchy beginning at /var/kits/input, type:
	   newinv ULT400.mi /var/kits/input

Diagnostics
       newinv: where is mi-file?
       The mi-file specified on the command line cannot be found.

input-path: bad directory.
       The input-path directory specified on the command line does not exist.

Files
       Backup copy of master inventory

The list of files missing from the product.

The list of files new to the product.

Intermediate join file.

List of all files in the product.

See Also
       kits(1), vi(1), stl_mi(5), environ(7), setld(8)
       Guide to Preparing Software for Distribution on ULTRIX Systems

newinv(1)