Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to scp shadow file of b form system a? Post 302761737 by manalisharmabe on Saturday 26th of January 2013 03:32:59 PM
Old 01-26-2013
RedHat

Hey ,

But give me an exaple as how to do it ?

Thanks,
Manali

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shadow file

Sirs, What is a shadow file,How it be usefull.For my project i have to keep the password in shawdow file also i am doing in php how can i do it. Thanks in advance, ArunKumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shadow file

what does 'x' in the encrypted password field in /etc/shaodw file represent? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbashir
3 Replies

4. Solaris

*LK* in /etc/shadow file

my etc/shadow file showing *LK* for a particular user.. can u tell me under which circumstances a user is locked (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/shadow file....

Does anyone know what "!!" represents in the password field of the /etc/shadow file? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow File

I see conflicting definitions for the shadow file. For Solaris, what are the fields please? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidS
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shadow file

Hi, In shadow file smithj:Ep6mckrOLChF.:10063:0:99999:7::: 3rd Field 10063 indicates the number of days (since January 1, 1970) since the password was last changed. I want to get the result with script the date on which the password was last changed in YYYY-MM-DD format. can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow file help

As a part of linux hardening In shadow file all Application accounts which are not locked must contain only an asterisk “*” in the Passwd field. But how would i do it by using command? Is there any way other than modifying shadow file to accomplish this task? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies
pwconv(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 pwconv(8)

NAME
pwconv - convert to shadow account SYNOPSIS
pwconv [-P path] DESCRIPTION
pwconv installs and updates /etc/shadow with information from /etc/passwd. It relies on the special password 'x' in the password field of the account. This value indicates that the password for the user is already in /etc/shadow and should not be modified. If /etc/shadow does not exist, pwconv creates this file, moves the user password to it and creates default aging informations with the help of the values of PASS_MIN_DAYS, PASS_MAX_DAYS and PASS_WARN_AGE from /etc/login.defs. The password field in /etc/passwd is replaced with the special character 'x'. If the /etc/shadow does exist, entries that are in the /etc/passwd file and not in the /etc/shadow file are added to the /etc/shadow file. Accounts, which only exist in /etc/passwd, are added to /etc/shadow. Entries that are in /etc/shadow and not in /etc/passwd are removed from /etc/shadow. All passwords from /etc/passwd are moved to /etc/shadow and replaced with the special character 'x'. pwconv can be used for initial conversion and for updates later. OPTIONS
-P, --path path The passwd and shadow files are located below the specified directory path. pwconv will use this files, not /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. FILES
passwd - user account information shadow - shadow user account information SEE ALSO
passwd(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5), shadow(5), pwck(8), pwunconv(8) AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> pwdutils January 2004 pwconv(8)