Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding LUN to linux server
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat adding LUN to linux server Post 302624861 by abhay1983 on Tuesday 17th of April 2012 01:33:47 AM
Old 04-17-2012
Thanks all for your valuable comments ...
catch u later in another query ...

Chrees Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Finding SAN Lun's on Linux.

Am trying to differentiate between the local disks and LUN's presented from SAN onto the server. Have Tried fdisk -l, however I quite cudn't differentiate the local disks from SAN presented LUN's. Can you pls. let me know the procedure and commands to find this. OS - RHEL 4 SAN - EMC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
3 Replies

2. Solaris

LUN allocation in solaris server

hi all can anyone tell me how to track a new attached LUN in a solaris server?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Grow LUN presented on Linux host

Hi, I have a SAN LUN of 550 GB created as an ext3 partition of the entire lun and need to make the lun and partition larger... 600 GB # fdisk -l /dev/sdj Disk /dev/sdj: 590.5 GB, 590558003200 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 71797 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage

Hello to all, Actually, currently on my Solaris box, I've a LUN (5TB space) from a EMC storage which is working fine, and a partition with ZFS filesystem is created for that LUN. as further you'll see in the logs, the "c4t6006016053802E00E6A9196B6506E211d0s2" is the current configured LUN in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

DM multipath :iscsi lun shows by diff names on two server where its exported

Hi, I am trying to setup multipathing (using DM multipath) for a redhat cluster setup ...all setup is done but issue is : node 1 shows the shared iscsi lun as sdc node 2 shows the same as sdg (changes on reboots) Due to this (i guess) i get i/o error & i can not read files created by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

6. Linux

How to detect FC lun on Server?

I have created a lun on Storage and connected it to server using fiber channel. LUN is presented on new Server . How do i check and mount this newly created LUN? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Thin Lun space reclamation

Hello, We have IBM storwize v7000 storage. I have created thin provisioned LUN and attached it to my server(dell r910, Centos 7). Whenever I copy files in that LUN correspondingly Thin provisioned LUN's used space increases but when I remove files to free up space the LUN's size isn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

AIX server do not detect LUN from HP storage

ssssssssssss (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampathenjoy
0 Replies

9. Linux

Mount a newly added LUN on a GNU/Linux distro

Hi I am not familiar with the linux, but I was asked to create a file system on a LUN from the NetApp that was mapped to the linux server. The server is runing: uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Move a LUN from one server to the other

I have NetApp LUN that was presented to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga) machine. But this LUN has already data, because it was being used on another server. I can see the new LUN when running fdisk: fdisk -l | egrep '^Disk' | egrep -v 'dm-' | grep -v identifier Disk... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
15 Replies
TryCatch(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     TryCatch(3pm)

NAME
TryCatch - first class try catch semantics for Perl, without source filters. DESCRIPTION
This module aims to provide a nicer syntax and method to catch errors in Perl, similar to what is found in other languages (such as Java, Python or C++). The standard method of using "eval {}; if ($@) {}" is often prone to subtle bugs, primarily that its far too easy to stomp on the error in error handlers. And also eval/if isn't the nicest idiom. SYNOPSIS
use TryCatch; sub foo { my ($self) = @_; try { die Some::Class->new(code => 404 ) if $self->not_found; return "return value from foo"; } catch (Some::Class $e where { $_->code > 100 } ) { } } SYNTAX
This module aims to give first class exception handling to perl via 'try' and 'catch' keywords. The basic syntax this module provides is "try { # block }" followed by zero or more catch blocks. Each catch block has an optional type constraint on it the resembles Perl6's method signatures. Also worth noting is that the error variable ($@) is localised to the try/catch blocks and will not leak outside the scope, or stomp on a previous value of $@. The simplest case of a catch block is just catch { ... } where upon the error is available in the standard $@ variable and no type checking is performed. The exception can instead be accessed via a named lexical variable by providing a simple signature to the catch block as follows: catch ($err) { ... } Type checking of the exception can be performed by specifing a type constraint or where clauses in the signature as follows: catch (TypeFoo $e) { ... } catch (Dict[code => Int, message => Str] $err) { ... } As shown in the above example, complex Moose types can be used, including MooseX::Types style of type constraints In addition to type checking via Moose type constraints, you can also use where clauses to only match a certain sub-condition on an error. For example, assuming that "HTTPError" is a suitably defined TC: catch (HTTPError $e where { $_->code >= 400 && $_->code <= 499 } ) { return "4XX error"; } catch (HTTPError $e) { return "other http code"; } would return "4XX error" in the case of a 404 error, and "other http code" in the case of a 302. In the case where multiple catch blocks are present, the first one that matches the type constraints (if any) will executed. BENEFITS
return. You can put a return in a try block, and it would do the right thing - namely return a value from the subroutine you are in, instead of just from the eval block. Type Checking. This is nothing you couldn't do manually yourself, it does it for you using Moose type constraints. TODO
o Decide on "finally" semantics w.r.t return values. o Write some more documentation o Split out the dependancy on Moose SEE ALSO
MooseX::Types, Moose::Util::TypeConstraints, Parse::Method::Signatures. AUTHOR
Ash Berlin <ash@cpan.org> THANKS
Thanks to Matt S Trout and Florian Ragwitz for work on Devel::Declare and various B::Hooks modules Vincent Pit for Scope::Upper that makes the return from block possible. Zefram for providing support and XS guidance. Xavier Bergade for the impetus to finally fix this module in 5.12. LICENSE
Licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-10-13 TryCatch(3pm)