Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding LUN to linux server
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat adding LUN to linux server Post 302622977 by abhay1983 on Friday 13th of April 2012 12:52:30 AM
Old 04-13-2012
adding LUN to linux server

Hi All,

I am new for this blog and this is my first Query on this blog. I would like to dael with graet masters on linux.

Here we go,

After storage people created the LUN, How to add that LUN to Linux server. (Make that LUN visibility on linux server.) ?

How to view the LUN information ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Finding SAN Lun's on Linux.

Am trying to differentiate between the local disks and LUN's presented from SAN onto the server. Have Tried fdisk -l, however I quite cudn't differentiate the local disks from SAN presented LUN's. Can you pls. let me know the procedure and commands to find this. OS - RHEL 4 SAN - EMC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
3 Replies

2. Solaris

LUN allocation in solaris server

hi all can anyone tell me how to track a new attached LUN in a solaris server?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Grow LUN presented on Linux host

Hi, I have a SAN LUN of 550 GB created as an ext3 partition of the entire lun and need to make the lun and partition larger... 600 GB # fdisk -l /dev/sdj Disk /dev/sdj: 590.5 GB, 590558003200 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 71797 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage

Hello to all, Actually, currently on my Solaris box, I've a LUN (5TB space) from a EMC storage which is working fine, and a partition with ZFS filesystem is created for that LUN. as further you'll see in the logs, the "c4t6006016053802E00E6A9196B6506E211d0s2" is the current configured LUN in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

DM multipath :iscsi lun shows by diff names on two server where its exported

Hi, I am trying to setup multipathing (using DM multipath) for a redhat cluster setup ...all setup is done but issue is : node 1 shows the shared iscsi lun as sdc node 2 shows the same as sdg (changes on reboots) Due to this (i guess) i get i/o error & i can not read files created by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

6. Linux

How to detect FC lun on Server?

I have created a lun on Storage and connected it to server using fiber channel. LUN is presented on new Server . How do i check and mount this newly created LUN? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Thin Lun space reclamation

Hello, We have IBM storwize v7000 storage. I have created thin provisioned LUN and attached it to my server(dell r910, Centos 7). Whenever I copy files in that LUN correspondingly Thin provisioned LUN's used space increases but when I remove files to free up space the LUN's size isn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

AIX server do not detect LUN from HP storage

ssssssssssss (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampathenjoy
0 Replies

9. Linux

Mount a newly added LUN on a GNU/Linux distro

Hi I am not familiar with the linux, but I was asked to create a file system on a LUN from the NetApp that was mapped to the linux server. The server is runing: uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Move a LUN from one server to the other

I have NetApp LUN that was presented to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga) machine. But this LUN has already data, because it was being used on another server. I can see the new LUN when running fdisk: fdisk -l | egrep '^Disk' | egrep -v 'dm-' | grep -v identifier Disk... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
15 Replies
iobind(1M)																iobind(1M)

NAME
iobind - bind a driver to a device SYNOPSIS
instance] DESCRIPTION
The command may be used to perform online unbinding of a device LUN hardware path from its current driver and binding a new driver to it. As part of the binding operation, the specified driver will be bound to the LUN hardware path and also to its corresponding legacy hardware paths. The hardware path specified as the argument to the option must be of the form 64000/0x/0x. The driver name specified with the option will be bound to the LUN and legacy hardware paths. The optional option specifies an instance number to be assigned to the device associated with the hardware path. If this option is not used, the device will be assigned a new instance number in the new driver's class. The optional forces the binding to occur at the next reboot if it cannot be done online. The device must not be in use while the unbind operation is performed. The driver must support online unbinding and binding. If either of these requirements is false and the option is not given, the user will be asked if the binding can take effect at the next reboot. The user is given the option to proceed or not. If a driver supports online unbinding and binding, then after completes, a device will have one of the following software states as shown by the command: The specified driver was successfully bound to the hardware path. The specified driver cannot be used to claim the hardware at the specified hardware path. The device at the address is responding, but it is in an error state. The device at the specified hardware path is no longer responding. The specified hardware path is locked. Try again later. The driver failed. Options recognizes the following options: Force the binding even though a driver does not support online unbinding and binding or the device is in use. In this case, the binding will take effect at the next reboot. The LUN hardware path of a device must be of the form 64000/0x/0x. The instance number to be assigned to the device. The name of the driver that the LUN and legacy hardware paths are to be bound to. RETURN VALUE
Exit values are: Successful completion. An error condition occurred. EXAMPLES
Unbind the driver bound to the device at hardware path and bind the device to Use the default instance number of the driver's class. Unbind the driver bound to the device at hardware path and bind the device to Assign it the instance number Do a forced binding. If the driver does not support online binding or the device is busy, the binding will be deferred till next reboot. WARNINGS
The and commands should not be run at the same time because both commands attempt to bind drivers. In particular, there may be a short window while will leave a hardware path unbound. If runs during that window, it may bind a different driver to that hardware path. If this happens, must be executed again to bind the desired driver. may be executed only by the superuser. SEE ALSO
ioscan(1M), intro(7). iobind(1M)