Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware How should I cut this line using cut and grep? Post 302467160 by Corona688 on Thursday 28th of October 2010 11:18:20 AM
Old 10-28-2010
For what purpose? What are you trying to do? i.e. the expected output?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and cut....

hi, i have a simple question: in hpux 11i; this cmd : cat mailtest |grep sekar >test1 gives the output file with the name test1. i want to remove the line which contains the "sekar" and put the result in the new file.... what is the command for that?.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep a file and cut a corresponding value from the line

i have to grep a file which has contents like /Source/value/valuefile/readme.txt DefaultVersion:=1.7 I have to grep this file with "/Source/value/valuefile/readme.txt" and cut the corresponding value "1.7" from the same line i tried grep and cut but not working. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codeman007
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut line from searched file if grep find neighbor columns

Hello All, While searching for the question, I found some answers but my implementation is not giving expected output. I have two files; one is sourcefile, other is named template. What I want to do is to search each line in template, when found all columns, cut the matching line from source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
GSETTINGS-SCHEMA-C(1)						   User Commands					     GSETTINGS-SCHEMA-C(1)

NAME
gsettings-schema-convert - GConf to GSettings schema conversion SYNOPSIS
gsettings-schema-convert [option...] {file} DESCRIPTION
gsettings-schema-convert converts between GConf and GSettings schema file formats. Note that the conversion is not expected to be fully automated. You are expected to verify and edit the result of the conversion. Note that GSettings schemas need to be converted into binary form with glib-compile-schemas before they can be used by applications. Options -h, --help Print help and exit -o OUTPUT, --output=OUTPUT Store the generated output in the file OUTPUT. If no output file is specified, the generated output is written to stdout. -f, --force Overwrite the output file if it already exists. -g, --gconf The input file is a GConf schema. -s, --simple Produce a GSettings schema in simple format. The simple format is easier to edit and can be converted into the XML format with gsettings-schema-convert later on. -x, --xml Produce a GSettings schema in XML format. If the output format is not explicitly specified, this is the default. -i ID, --schema-id=ID Use ID as the schema id in the generated GSettings schema. -d DOMAIN, --gettext-domain=DOMAIN Use DOMAIN as the gettext domain in the generated GSettings schema. -u, --keep-underscores Keep underscores in key names instead of replacing them with dashes. GSettings keys should not contain any underscore. SEE ALSO
gsettings-data-convert(1) a related command to migrate user settings from GConf to GSettings. User Commands 01/21/2013 GSETTINGS-SCHEMA-C(1)