Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 100% cpu process
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 100% cpu process Post 302437951 by karlochacon on Friday 16th of July 2010 05:56:57 PM
Old 07-16-2010
100% cpu process

hi guys

you know we got an issue and my support line is linux I need to make sure my linux is OK...now the issue I have this process db2sysc reaching 10% CPU utilization yeah that's a DB2 process my DB guys wants to make sure linux is not the culprit but I have no idea

the situation is suddenly db2sysc reaches 100% CPU usage and the process just dies people have to reboot the server to have the service available again

I think is not linux but how to make sure
check a screen before db2sysc process died

Code:

and now a normal vmstat 5 1000 after rebooting the server with db2sysc stopped

and after db2sysc was started

any help guys

thanks a lot

Last edited by karlochacon; 07-16-2010 at 08:22 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process -> 1 cpu

Is there a way I can assign processes to different processors? I know in windows xp you can set process affinity, and wondered if there is a *nix equivelant. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solitare
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process not using enough cpu

I am running solaris 9 on a SUn 480r. It is running SAS statistical software, these processes in full flow normally run at about 50-60% cpu (theres nothing else really running on the box) this is fine, and the SAS jobs get run nice and quick. However over the last few weeks everytime a SAS job is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find which process is using up too much CPU

Hi, I need to find which processes are hogging the cpu up. please advise. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to bind a process to a CPU

Hi all please can any body please suggest me how to bind a process to a particular CPU on unix machine. i have a unix machine with 2 CPUs and i wanna have my process running on CPU 0. please suggest. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
11 Replies

5. AIX

cpu utilization of a process

Hi, How can i find out the average cpu utilization of a particular long-running process in AIX? is there some command for this Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iam
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Process by CPU

Hello All, I am preparing a script to capture the processes consuming more CPU. So is there any way that i can sort & redirect to file only those processes consuming more than 5.0 % using ps command itself. Regards Ankit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. HP-UX

Process going to 100% CPU

I have a httpd process which uses up 100% cpu. This makes my application to stop working and it just gets hung. I tried getting the tusc output looks something like this: # /usr/local/bin/tusc -pl 26516 ( Attached to process 26516 ("/opt/hpws22/apache/bin/httpd -d /opt/hpws22/apache -k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
3 Replies
upsstats.html(5)					      Network UPS Tools (NUT)						  upsstats.html(5)

NAME
upsstats.html - HTML template for Network UPS Tools upsstats DESCRIPTION
This file is used by upsstats.cgi(8) to generate status pages. Certain commands are recognized, and will be replaced with various status elements on the fly. FORMATTING
All commands must be alone on a line, and start and end with @. A line that has any extra characters before or after the @ will be passed through unchanged. BLOCK CONTROL
Some commands begin blocks - sections of the template that will be included, excluded, or repeated depending on certain parameters. @FOREACHUPS@ Starts a block that will be repeated for each MONITOR directive in the hosts.conf(5). This is how you can generate pages that moni- tor all of your systems simultaneously. @ENDFOR@ Ends a FOREACHUPS block. @IFSUPP var@ Starts a block that will only be printed if the variable var is supported by the current UPS. This is generally used to suppress "not supported" messages by avoiding the label and variable call entirely. @ENDIF@ Ends an IFSUPP block. IFSUPP blocks may be contained within a FOREACHUPS block. Nesting and other combinations are not supported. OTHER COMMANDS
@AMBTEMP@ Insert the ambient temperature in the current temperature scale. @DATE format@ Insert the current date and time. The format string is passed to strftime, so almost anything is possible. See strftime(3) for possible values. @DEGREES@ Insert the entity for degrees (°) and either C or F depending on the current temperature scale. @HOST@ Insert the designation of the host being monitored, like myups@localhost. @HOSTDESC@ Insert the host's description from hosts.conf(5). @HOSTLINK@ Insert a link to upsstats.cgi with the "host" variable set to the current UPS. This is only useful within a FOREACHUPS block. @IMG varname [extra]@ Insert an IMG SRC to upsimage.cgi(8) for one of four possible status variables: BATTPCT - Battery charge - a percentage LOADPCT - UPS load - percentage OUTVOLT - Outgoing voltage (from the UPS) UTILITY - Incoming utility voltage extra is where you can put additional definitions. Right now the valid definitions are colors for various parts of the bars drawn by upsimage.cgi. Possible color names are: back_col - background color scale_num_col - scale number color summary_col - summary color (number at the bottom) ok_zone_maj_col - major scale color for the normal ("ok") zone ok_zone_min_col - minor scale color for the normal ("ok") zone neutral_zone_maj_col - major scale color for the neutral zone neutral_zone_min_col - minor scale color for the neutral zone warn_zone_maj_col - major scale color for the warning zone warn_zone_min_col - minor scale color for the warning zone bar_col - the color of the bar in the middle All colors are hex triplets - 0xff0000 is red, 0x00ff00 is green, and 0x0000ff is blue. Examples: @IMG BATTPCT@ @IMG BATTPCT back_col=0xff00ff bar_col=0xaabbcc@ @IMG UTILITY ok_zone_maj_col=0x123456@ @REFRESH@ Insert the META header magic for refreshing the page if that variable has been set by the browser. This needs to be in the HEAD section of the page. @STATUS@ Expand the abbreviations in the STATUS variable - OL becomes "On line", OB becomes "On battery", and so on. @STATUSCOLOR@ Insert red, green, or yellow color triplets depending on the severity of the current UPS status. Normal operations are green, warn- ings like voltage trim/boost or "off" are yellow, and other events like being on battery or having a low battery are red. @VAR varname@ Insert the current value of the status variable varname on the host being monitored, or "Not supported". @TEMPC@ Use the Celsius scale for temperature data (default). @TEMPF@ Use the Fahrenheit scale for temperature data. @UPSTEMP@ Insert the UPS temperature in the current scale. @UTILITYCOLOR@ Insert either #FF0000 (red) or #00FF00 (green) depending on the incoming utility voltage. By default this will return green, unless the utility is outside the bounds defined by lowxfer and highxfer. Those voltages are a function of your driver, and do not exist on all of them. @VERSION@ Insert the version number of the software. OTHER TEMPLATES
upsstats.cgi(8) will also open a file called upsstats-single.html if you call it with "host=" set in the URL. That file uses the same rules and techniques documented here. SEE ALSO
upsstats.cgi(8), upsimage.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.exploits.org/nut/ NUT mailing list archives and information: http://lists.exploits.org/ Mon Sep 16 2002 upsstats.html(5)