Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Cannot add printer to SCO OS 6 Post 302329727 by RicardoM on Monday 29th of June 2009 09:38:29 AM
Old 06-29-2009
Cannot add printer to SCO OS 6

Smilie
I am trying to add some printers under SCO OpenServer 6 and everytime I try to open the printer manager it returns a message that reads "Unable to get allowed/denied form users." "Failed to establish user authorizations." When I press the details button is gives me the following Error Details;

"Failed to establish user authorizations.
mopar3 failed to connect to mopar3.

Please check the following;
* Your network configuration
* Your network connection
* rhost permissions on the remote site.
* that SCOadmin is installed at the remote site.
Failure with connection to server.
Remote child on machine mopar3.lan has terminated
The child program /etc/sysadm.d/bin/osaserver hast teminated
Server process exited with exit(1).
Error with server process: mopar3.lan: unknown host
mopar3.lan: Host name lookup failure."

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer + Unix (SCO)

Hello, I'm a real noob with Unix. I have to make an installation of a printer, EPSON LQ 2080 (impact printer) on local port ltp, on a Unix SCO 5.7. So....where can I find the driver, and how can I install it on a sco ? Sorry for my english, i'm frenchy ;) Thank you ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kok
1 Replies

2. SCO

Printing from SCO 5.05... to XP Shared Printer

I am having trouble getting our accounting program (on SCO 5.05) to print to a shared windows printer. We used to use a program that took care of this PCI print server or somehting like that. but when XP service pack 2 got installed somethign happened with the permissions and the files would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LarryG
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpd printing and a IP based printer on SCO

I am attempting to setup an IP based printer in a SCO environment. It is a cognitive printer. I attempted to add it via the HP interface but I could not get anything sent from the spooler to the printer in SCO? My questions is or are should this be setup as a local or remote printer? When I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spglass
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help SCO printer install via command line

Hi, I need some help with installing and configuring a printer via command line as the scoadmin menu system doesnt work fully. So I was wondering how i can install and configure a printer purely from command line editing relevant files. It would be great if someone can help me out. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dregnet
7 Replies

5. SCO

How to Install and Configure USB Printer in SCO 6

I'm new in SCO 6. I installed SCO 6 with NIC driver Properly. But I cann't install and Configure USB Printer In SCO 6. Any one help me? email: address deleted by the moderator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karzon
0 Replies

6. SCO

Sco-Unix IP Printer no longer working

I have a client running Sco-Unix 5. They have many IP Printers setup. One of the IP Printers is "LPJ", it has been functional for 3 weeks and then the switch died and hung up the queue. We reset the switch and restarted the jobs and they printed. The switch went down again and we replaced the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Netwrkengeer
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer for SCO OpenServer 5

I only know enough about Unix to get me in trouble: I have an old UNIX SCO OpenServer 5 that I am phasing out. It had been connected to an HP laserjet via a serial port connection. As part of the phase out I disconnected and removed the workstations leaving only the server. I didn't think I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpmaps
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Printer configuration file

Hello, I am working on Servers running SCO OpenServer 5 and I tend to setup a lot of Servers. I am wondering if mkdev -lp to create printers has a file that I can just copy and paste from an exisiting Server to a new (upgrade) server. I can do this with the hosts and resolv.conf files. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewerezak
1 Replies

9. SCO

How to set up a printer on SCO 5

1. Does all the man pr commands work as expected on SCO 5? 2. Do I have to do some special printer setup to connect the printer to the server before trying to print? Thanks - Much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggats11
1 Replies

10. SCO

How do I install a HP Network Printer on SCO admin ?

We have a SCO UnixWare system version 7.1.3, running a front end ERP system. I have 2 new printers I would like to add so that people can print from the ERP system. The two printers are on the network and have IP address's. They are used throughout the day by Windows XP machines, but can not be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
4 Replies
vtdaemon(1M)															      vtdaemon(1M)

NAME
vtdaemon - respond to vt requests SYNOPSIS
lan_device lan_device ... DESCRIPTION
responds to requests from other systems (via local area network) made by (see vt(1)). spawns a server to respond to each request that it receives. Options recognizes the following command-line options and arguments: Causes to rebroadcast all requests received on one lan device to all other lan devices specified on the command line. The optional parameter ngateway specifies the maximum number of vtgateway servers that can be in operation concurrently. If ngateway is not specified, there is no limit on the number of vtgateway servers that can be in operation concurrently. Causes vtdaemon to ignore all requests that have come through a gateway. The remaining arguments are the full path names of lan devices that vtdaemon looks for requests on. If no lan devices are specified, the default lan device is used. The major number for this device must correspond to a IEEE 802.3 local area network device. Another function of is to create portals and service portal requests. A portal is a callout device that can be used by to communicate to another machine via local area network (see uucico(1M)). Portals are created by according to the configuration information found in the file Each line in has the format: <calldev>[,<lan device>] <nodename> For each line, creates a portal named calldev in Whenever this device is opened, spawns a server that creates a connection to the system specified by nodename via the lan device specified. If no lan device is specified, the first one specified on the command line when was started is used (or the default lan device is used if no lan devices were specified on the command line). should be terminated by sending signal to it. When receives this signal it removes all of the portals it created in before exiting. DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostics messages produced by are written to WARNINGS
uses the Hewlett-Packard (Link Level Access) direct interface to the HP network drivers. uses the multicast address It should not be used or deleted by other applications accessing the network. uses the following IEEE 802.3 sap (service access point) values: and They should not be used by other applications accessing the network. Desktop HP-UX If your system has been installed with the Desktop HP-UX product, then both and will not be started by default. In order to start these daemons, change PTYDAEMON_START and VTDAEMON_START from a "0" to a "1" in the and files, respectively. The system must either be rebooted for these changes to take effect, or you can manually start both daemons by typing : where /dev/lan0 is the character special device file corresponding to the IEEE802.3 local area network device. FILES
logfile used by vtdaemon. default lan device name. SEE ALSO
vt(1), uucico(1M). vtdaemon(1M)