Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with su
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help with su Post 302291582 by Taranjeet Singh on Thursday 26th of February 2009 03:49:43 AM
Old 02-26-2009
Help with su

I was trying to use "su - <account>" but it prompts me for password in interactive mode. How do I write main.sh script that executes various commands by logging in as different accounts and login profiles. Is there a way to automatically redirect the password for "su" command to accept the password.

Please guide me further...

Thanks...

uucpd(1M)																 uucpd(1M)

NAME
uucpd - UUCP over TCP/IP server daemon SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is the server for supporting UUCP connections over TCP/IP networks. is invoked by (see inetd(1M)) when a UUCP connection is established (that is, a connection to the port indicated in the "uucp" service specification; see services(4)), and executes the following protocol: 1) The server prompts with "login:". The process at the other end must supply a username. 2) If the username refers to an account without a password, the server then prompts with "Password:". The process at the other end must supply the password for that account. The connection is dropped if one or more of the following conditions occurs: o The username is not valid. o The username is valid but refers to an account that does not have as its login shell. o The password authentication fails due to an incorrect password to that account. o The password authentication fails due to the settings in Refer to the security(4) manpage for detailed information on config- urable parameters that affect the password authentication. If the connection is successful, is run (see uucico(1M)). Entries are made in traceable with the and commands (see who(1) and last(1)). Protocol Restriction Only the "g" protocol for is supported. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection, after which the connection is closed. An error occurred while reading the username. An error occurred while reading the password. The username or the password is invalid or the user's login shell for this account is not WARNINGS
On Trusted Systems, prohibits to start if any of the following conditions are true : o The login account is locked (several causes). o The current time does not match existing time-of-day restrictions for this account. Under such conditions, will return the message to the connection. The connection is then dropped. HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley and HP. FILES
configuration file for inetd optional security file for inetd service name data base login data base security defaults configuration file SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), uucico(1M), pam(3), updatebwdb(3C), security(4), services(4). uucpd(1M)