Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use "not equal to " in IF statement Post 302242313 by Ikon on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 02:56:03 PM
Old 10-01-2008
Code:
if [ $var1 != $var2 ] 
then 
echo "$var1"
else 
echo "$var2"
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

"if" and "then" statement is not working in RedHat

Dear experts, I'm trying to write a script to calculate the usage of Log Archive in a directory, so if it gets to a point where the directory size is 60%, then send out an FYI.. email. So if then it reaches to 80%, move the logs from that directory. I have written the script as follow but... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afi_Linux
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What "-a" operator means in "if" statement

Hi I am trying to figure out what the following line does, I work in ksh88: ] && LIST="$big $LIST" Not sure what "-a" means in that case. Thanks a lot for any advice -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the meaning of "-s" option in "if" statement?

Hi Guys, I'm sorry but I can't find answer for this, what is the meaning of -s option in "if" statement on unix scipting. Please see sample below: opath=/home/output for i in N1 N2 N3 N4 do echo $i if then grep $i $opath/N5_CRAI > $opath/N5_$i.crai chmod 777 $opath/N5_$i.crai ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"if" statement based off "grep"

Hello, I am somewhat new to Linux/Unix. I am currently working on a shell script that is suppose to cat a file, grep the same file for a certain line, if that line is found save the file in a different location, else remove the file. This is a rough example of what I want. $Dating = False... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amzerik
13 Replies

7. Linux

Linux command to find and replace occurance of more than two equal sign with "==" from XML file.

Please help me, wasted hrs:wall:, to find this soulution:- I need a command that will work on file (xml) and replace multiple occurrence (more than 2 times) Examples 1. '===' 2. '====' 3. '=======' should be replaced by just '==' Note :- single character should be replaced. (=... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedRocks!!
13 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to change "more" to "more or equal" in this line?

Hi, Below line selects only dates comes after than today. I need to change below line as "more or equal": awk -F\## -v d=$(date +%Y%m%d) '{if($NF>d)print}' /usr/batch/pill.txt > /usr/batch/pill_in_use.txt When we change the code, it will print today's date and following dates only. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
CREATE_FUNCTION(3)							 1							CREATE_FUNCTION(3)

create_function - Create an anonymous (lambda-style) function

SYNOPSIS
string create_function (string $args, string $code) DESCRIPTION
Creates an anonymous function from the parameters passed, and returns a unique name for it. Caution This function internally performs an eval(3) and as such has the same security issues as eval(3). Additionally it has bad perfor- mance and memory usage characteristics. If you are using PHP 5.3.0 or newer a native anonymous function should be used instead. PARAMETERS
Usually these parameters will be passed as single quote delimited strings. The reason for using single quoted strings, is to protect the variable names from parsing, otherwise, if you use double quotes there will be a need to escape the variable names, e.g. $avar. o $args - The function arguments. o $code - The function code. RETURN VALUES
Returns a unique function name as a string, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Creating an anonymous function with create_function(3) You can use this function, to (for example) create a function from information gathered at run time: <?php $newfunc = create_function('$a,$b', 'return "ln($a) + ln($b) = " . log($a * $b);'); echo "New anonymous function: $newfunc "; echo $newfunc(2, M_E) . " "; // outputs // New anonymous function: lambda_1 // ln(2) + ln(2.718281828459) = 1.6931471805599 ?> Or, perhaps to have general handler function that can apply a set of operations to a list of parameters: Example #2 Making a general processing function with create_function(3) <?php function process($var1, $var2, $farr) { foreach ($farr as $f) { echo $f($var1, $var2) . " "; } } // create a bunch of math functions $f1 = 'if ($a >=0) {return "b*a^2 = ".$b*sqrt($a);} else {return false;}'; $f2 = "return "min(b^2+a, a^2,b) = ".min($a*$a+$b,$b*$b+$a);"; $f3 = 'if ($a > 0 && $b != 0) {return "ln(a)/b = ".log($a)/$b; } else { return false; }'; $farr = array( create_function('$x,$y', 'return "some trig: ".(sin($x) + $x*cos($y));'), create_function('$x,$y', 'return "a hypotenuse: ".sqrt($x*$x + $y*$y);'), create_function('$a,$b', $f1), create_function('$a,$b', $f2), create_function('$a,$b', $f3) ); echo " Using the first array of anonymous functions "; echo "parameters: 2.3445, M_PI "; process(2.3445, M_PI, $farr); // now make a bunch of string processing functions $garr = array( create_function('$b,$a', 'if (strncmp($a, $b, 3) == 0) return "** "$a" '. 'and "$b" ** Look the same to me! (looking at the first 3 chars)";'), create_function('$a,$b', '; return "CRCs: " . crc32($a) . ", ".crc32($b);'), create_function('$a,$b', '; return "similar(a,b) = " . similar_text($a, $b, &$p) . "($p%)";') ); echo " Using the second array of anonymous functions "; process("Twas brilling and the slithy toves", "Twas the night", $garr); ?> The above example will output: Using the first array of anonymous functions parameters: 2.3445, M_PI some trig: -1.6291725057799 a hypotenuse: 3.9199852871011 b*a^2 = 4.8103313314525 min(b^2+a, a^2,b) = 8.6382729035898 ln(a)/b = 0.27122299212594 Using the second array of anonymous functions ** "Twas the night" and "Twas brilling and the slithy toves" ** Look the same to me! (looking at the first 3 chars) CRCs: -725381282, 342550513 similar(a,b) = 11(45.833333333333%) But perhaps the most common use for of lambda-style (anonymous) functions is to create callback functions, for example when using array_walk(3) or usort(3) Example #3 Using anonymous functions as callback functions <?php $av = array("the ", "a ", "that ", "this "); array_walk($av, create_function('&$v,$k', '$v = $v . "mango";')); print_r($av); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => the mango [1] => a mango [2] => that mango [3] => this mango ) an array of strings ordered from shorter to longer <?php $sv = array("small", "larger", "a big string", "it is a string thing"); print_r($sv); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => small [1] => larger [2] => a big string [3] => it is a string thing ) sort it from longer to shorter <?php usort($sv, create_function('$a,$b','return strlen($b) - strlen($a);')); print_r($sv); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => it is a string thing [1] => a big string [2] => larger [3] => small ) SEE ALSO
Anonymous functions. PHP Documentation Group CREATE_FUNCTION(3)