Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script for creating aix user
Operating Systems AIX script for creating aix user Post 302183407 by Yac on Wednesday 9th of April 2008 02:18:18 AM
Old 04-09-2008
Hi,
Enter in command line: smitty user, choose Add a User. Then enter necessary information ie. name, groups etc. Finally press F6 and you'll get the complete script.

Greets,
Yac.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating user accounts in AIX

Hello all: I am new to UNIX and I am given the responsibility of administering a UNIX machine recently. The system is a IBM AIX 3.1. As a part of my duties I recently created some user accounts using "smit". It looked as if everything went well. But, after creating the account, I logged into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdepa
3 Replies

2. AIX

Limiting length of user in while creating user

Hi all, I am a newbe to aix 5.2. I want to specify the characters used by users while creating user in aix like specifying the length of the password should i use some sript for that if it is then please let me know how to do this if yes give me the link for the scripts. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satya Mishra
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX:creating user with username more than 8 chars

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuafs84
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating and Executing a script of aliases in AIX

hi, I am trying to create a script in AIX (5.3 I think), then run it. here's what I have: /home/me $ vi first.aliases ... alias cdblah='cd /blah' alias cdho='cd /ho' alias ssr='sudo su - random' ~ ...end of first.aliases /home/me $ ./first.aliases /home/me $ ssr ksh: ssr: not found.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heetertc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating oracle user and giving him grants using shell script

Hi , I want to write a shell script that can create oracle database user and grants permission to this user. Thanks & Regards, Deepak (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepakjha
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hp-UX, SUSE, and AIX LDAP User Script Help

Hi, I have been asked to create a ksh script that will search against an LDAP directory from various HP-UX, SUSE, and AIX 5.3 and 6.1 machines. The objective is to verify the boxes are successfully authenticating users from the LDAP store. This is something I've never done, and I could use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX How to run a Shell Script by changing the User

Hi All, Currently our application is running on the server having AIX 5.3 OS. What we intend to do is to run a shell script owned by another user and needs to be run as that particular user. I was trying to create a shell script using the su command before running the actual script (which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoomer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash script for creating user on multiple Linux hosts?

I wonder whether someone can help me with what I'm trying to achieve Basically, the objective is one script to create new user on more than 70 linux hosts if required. Everything works apart from the highlighted part. It gave me an output passwd: Unknown user name ''. when try to set... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugeulu
35 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a script requiring a pause for user input

Hi I'm trying to create a basic script that pauses for user input to verify a file name before generating the output. I have numerous SSL certificate files which I am trying to determine the expiry date so what I'm trying to do is write a script so that is pauses to request the name of the .pem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prevent user from creating new user from his login

Hi Experts, Need your support Redhat 6.5 I want to create a user with all(read, write, execute) privileges except that user should not be able to create any new user from his login to perform any task. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
10 Replies
mmsclient_script(4)						   File Formats 					       mmsclient_script(4)

NAME
mmsclient_script - script file for mmsclient program SYNOPSIS
mmsclient_script DESCRIPTION
This man page describes the syntax of the script file that is driven by the mmsclient(1M) utility. This file contains a list of Media Man- agement Protocol (MMP) commands that are used to communicate with a Media Management server. The MMP and the commands in the script file are based, in part, on IEEE 1244, the Media Management System (MMS) standards. In the script file, each MMP command must start with one of the following symbols as the first character: # Comment character Indicates the following characters document the file or command. Any character following the # character on the same line is ignored. @ Async command Indicates that the command on the next line is sent in async mode. Any character following the @ character on the same line is ignored. The MMP command to be performed must start on the next line. Commands that are not preceded with the @ character are sent in sync mode, that is, the mmsclient command waits for a response before continuing to the next MMP command in the file. $ Sync point Forces the mmsclient command to wait for a response to a previous async command. For example, if the script contained an async com- mand such as: @task["Get volume Names"] ...a subsequent command: $Get volume Names ...stops the script until the volume names are retrieved. > Interactive MMP prompt Displays a prompt on the display device and pauses the script. To respond to the prompt, type the requested information, ending with the semicolon (;) character. The mmsclient utility then sends the information to the MMS server. To skip the MMP prompt, type the q character. % Pause the script The script stops until you press the Enter key. ! Execute a command The mmsclient utility issues a call to system(3C) to invoke a command. Whatever command follows ! is run in the shell in which mmsclient is run. For example: ! date See the shell commands in the example script below. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Example Script The following script, demo_example, demonstrates the special characters and some MMP commands. It is executed with default values when the command: # mmsclient -f demo _example ...is run. #mmsclient example script #Send show commands in sync mode show task["sync show command 1"] report[DM] reportmode[namevalue] number[1..2]; show task["sync show command 2"] report[LM LIBRARY] reportmode[namevalue] number[1..2]; #Pause the script and wait for someone to #press Enter to continue % #send show commands in async mode @ show task["async show command 1"] report[DRIVE] reportmode[namevalue] number[1..2]; @ show task["async show command 2"] report[CARTRIDGE VOLUME] reportmode[namevalue] number[1..2]; #set a sync point for the second async command, #to stop the script until the response is complete $async show command 2 #set a sync point for an unsent command and set #a sync pont for a command that has already received a response. #mmsclient does not stop for either one $sync show command 1 #Start interactive MMP prompt. #To continue, enter an MMP command or 'q' > #Register for a some events notify task["notify test3"] receive[tag["client connected"] object[CONNECTION] action["add"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "MMP")]] receive[tag["client disconnected"] object[CONNECTION] action["delete"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "MMP")]] receive[tag["DM connected"] object[CONNECTION] action["add"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "DMP")]] receive[tag["DM disconnected"] object[CONNECTION] action["delete"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "DMP")]] receive[tag["LM connected"] object[CONNECTION] action["add"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "LMP")]] receive[tag["LM disconnected"] object[CONNECTION] action["delete"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "LMP")]] ; #Pause the script #Connect another mmsclient to see some events #Press Enter key to continue % notify task["delete all CONNECTION events"] cancel[object[CONNECTION]]; #Pause the script and wait. #Connect another mmsclient to verify the events are cancelled. #Press Enter key to continue % #Execute some simple shell commands !echo Hello World !uname -a !hostname #Pause the script and wait. #Press Enter key to continue % #Send last command in async mode. #mmsclient does not exit until it receives the responses #for all pending commmands. @ show task["async show command 3"] report[APPLICATION] reportmode[namevalue]; @ show task["async show command 4"] report[AI] reportmode[namevalue]; ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmmsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mmsadm(1M), mmsclient(1M), mmsexplorer(1M), mmsinit(1M), system(3C), attributes(5) IEEE 1244, IEEE Storage Systems Standards, a set of MMS standards SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2008 mmsclient_script(4)