Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Help to Reboot to Mac OS X Post 302118184 by philomaximus on Saturday 19th of May 2007 11:14:20 PM
Old 05-20-2007
Error Need Help to Reboot to Mac OS X

Hello. Somehow I got out of my gui Mac OS 10.2 into Unix single-user mode. No matter what I've tried, I can't get out of Unix. I've tried the command "reboot" with no success. I've tried a safe boot, an X boot, and a couple of others and nothing seems to work. I can use the Unix commands to determine that my files are all still intact, but I can't get to them. I would try simply re-installing the OS, but my dvd drive door won't open. Does anyone have any suggestions? (If it would help, I could go through a step by step to tell you what happened before it went Unix, but it's a long story and may not help. If you think it will, let me know and I'll give details.) Thanks to anyone who can help.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. BSD

MAC at @reboot, like some cellphone

I want to change my MAC at reboot, so making it a cron job like the following in BSD. Can I do this in the jail for the user, setting it as a command or should it be a script? I would set it as a command openssl rand -hex 6 | sed 's/\(..)/\1:/g; s/.$//' just to test it, it works. To... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
0 Replies
MCOPY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MCOPY(1)

NAME
mcopy - copy MSDOS files to/from Unix SYNOPSIS
mcopy [ -tnvm ] sourcefile targetfile mcopy [ -tnvm ] sourcefile [ sourcefiles... ] targetdirectory DESCRIPTION
Mcopy copies the specified file to the named file, or copies multiple files to the named directory. The source and target can be either MSDOS or Unix files. The use of a drive letter designation on the MSDOS files, 'a:' for example, determines the direction of the transfer. A missing drive des- ignation implies a Unix file whose path starts in the current directory Mcopy will allow the following command line options: t Text file transfer. Mcopy will translate incoming carriage return/line feeds to line feeds. n No warning. Mcopy will not warn the user when overwriting an existing file. v Verbose mode. m Preserve the file modification time. If the target file already exists, and the -n option is not in effect, mcopy asks whether or not to overwrite the file. MSDOS subdirectory names are supported with either the '/' or '' separator. The use of the '' separator or wildcards will require the names to be enclosed in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command may be used to establish the device and the current working directory (relative to MSDOS), otherwise the default is A:/. SEE ALSO
mcd(1), mread(1), mwrite(1) BUGS
Unlike MSDOS, the destination directory may not be omitted. The '+' operator (append) from MSDOS is not supported. No other Mtools command requires the use of a drive letter designation on MSDOS files. local MCOPY(1)