Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time_wait ??
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Time_wait ?? Post 18294 by halfling on Tuesday 26th of March 2002 06:34:02 PM
Old 03-26-2002
Should have asked this basic question first. Have you tried shutting down oracle and apache for a time, then test the connection?

That will more clearly define if it's a system resource issue, or possible hardware problem.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

TIME_WAIT in netstat

Why would I get TIME_WAIT when i netstat a port?? What would be some scenarios of this situation?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP ports - TIME_WAIT

What is the maximum number of TCP ports that can be consumed at any one time? How can I determine what the number is or increase it? I was under the impression that with our system (UnixWare 7.1.1) 1024 was the maximum under our current Kernel tuning parms, but I think that is really just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlkox
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TIME_WAIT state

in TCP, is TIME_WAIT state really essential..!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanth
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to kill a TCP connection which has status TIME_WAIT & no PID

Hi, I want to kill TCP connections which have status as TIME_WAIT & no PID (as per the output of the "netstat - p" command). Is there any command/utility available to kill connections to a specific port or IP address. The problem is that these connections don't have process ID (see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinder31may
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server has more TIME_WAIT connections in Apache(port 80)

Server has more TIME_WAIT connections in Apache(port 80) Hi, My webserver has 16GB of RAM and CentOS 5.5, Apache 2.2.3, It's shared webserver used of for webhosting. I have optmized the server as : <IfModule prefork.c>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
4 Replies
SPD-CONF(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SPD-CONF(1)

NAME
spd-conf - A simple tool for basic configuration of Speech Dispatcher and problem diagnostics SYNOPSIS
spd-conf [options] DESCRIPTION
spd-conf is a simple tool for basic configuration of Speech Dispatcher and problem diagnostics OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -e, --espeak Use espeak to synthesize messages --test-festival Test whether Festival works as a server -s, --test-spd-say Test connection to Speech Dispatcher using spd-say --test-pulse Test Pulse Audio -c, --config-basic-settings-user Configure basic settings in user configuration -u, --create-user-conf Create Speech Dispatcher configuration for the given user -C, --config-basic-settings-system Configure basic settings in system-wide configuration -n, --dont-ask Do not ask any questions, always use default values --test-alsa Test ALSA audio --test-espeak Test whether Espeak works as a standalone binary -d, --diagnostics Diagnose problems with the current setup -D, --debug Debug a problem and generate a report AUTHOR
spd-conf was written by Hynek Hanke <hanke@brailcom.org>. The webpage for this package can be found at http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd. This manual page was written by Luke Yelavich <themuso@ubuntu.com>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). August 24, 2009 SPD-CONF(1)