Removing my name from Send From List

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing my name from Send From List
# 1  
Old 08-29-2018
Removing my name from Send From List

For some unknown reason, to me anyhow, every time I send out mail to all the users it keeps showing my name first instead of the email address name I am using.
Not sure what I can delete at the moment as it all works as shown in the code
Code:
# #!/bin/bash

# This file must be amended to suit the RosterDiary deputy's email account.
# Set up Thunderbird for RosterDiary's email account.
# Start Thunderbird
# Write a message to send from this account.
# Make sure you are OFFLINE.

# Sending the message whilst OFFLINE will send it to the Thunderbird Admin "outbox" folder.
# Retrieve this so you can view it,  ascertain the details below.
# Key them here, below, SAVE THE FILE!
#
#
#

SendFromAccount="hotmail.com"
XIdentityKey="id2"      # X-Identity-Key:
XAccountKey="account3"  # X-Account-Key:
SendFromField="Neds Understudy <neds.roster@hotmail.com>" # From:
ReplyTo="neds.roster@hotmail.com"
FCCField="imap://neds.roster%40hotmail.com@imap-mail.outlook.com/Sent"    
UserAgent="Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.9.1"
OutboxFileName="/Users/pauloverington/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/eionn1nq.default/Mail/Local Folders/Unsent Messages" # "Outbox" for results

Last edited by RudiC; 08-29-2018 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Repaired broken /CODE tag
# 2  
Old 08-29-2018
trying changing this field
Code:
SendFromField="Neds Understudy <neds.roster@hotmail.com>" # From:

to

Code:
SendFromField="neds.roster@hotmail.com" # From:

This User Gave Thanks to busyboy For This Post:
# 3  
Old 08-29-2018
No lack I'm afraid still showing my name.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing path name from list of file names

I have this piece of code printf '%s\n' $pth*.msf | tr ' ' '\n' | sort -t '-' -k7 -k6r \ | awk -F- '{c=($6$7!=p&&FNR!=1)?ORS:"";p=$6$7}{printf("%c%s\n",c,$0)}' When I run it I get /home/chrisd/tatsh/branches/terr0.50/darwin/n02-z30-dsr65-terr0.50-dc0.002-8x6drw-csq.msf... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

NC Is it possible to send al list of inputs to telnet?

Hi to All, to send a imput (passwd) to telnet i use this command : nc -t -i3 192.168.1.131 23 <cmd.fileand in cmd.file i've writed passwd. The command is executed ok. But i've problem if in the cmd.file i put a second input for telnet, because it is not executed. Does... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gianni.op
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing lines from one list from another list.

Hello, I was wondering if there was an easy way to take lines from a single-column list, and remove them from a second single-column list. For example, I want to remove the contents of list 1 from list 2. How would I do this? Contents of list 1: server1a server2b server3c server4a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send email from address list and subject list

Hello, Here is my problem. there are two files. first.txt <<< contains email address ====== abc@mail.com abd@mail.com abe@mail.com second.txt <<< contains webpage links ======== http//www.test.com/abc/index.html http://www.test.com/abd/index.html http://www.test.com/abe/index.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to send a mail using elm in cc list?

Can any one tell me how to use elm to send mail using CC list with command line ? I need to write script to send mail to TO list as well as CC list Not using elm editor. Regards, Venkat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail using elm in cc list?

Can any one tell me how to use elm to send mail using CC list with command line ? I need to write script to send mail to TO list as well as CC list Not using elm editor. Regards, Venkat (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing character from list line (at the end)

Hi, I have file as shown below. abc, def, abc, xyz, I have to remove ',' from end of last line (xyz,). How can I do that with single command? Is it possible or I have to iterate through complete file to remove that? - Malay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a specific word from a created list

I am working on a script that prompts a user name and creates a list in a username.dat file. Furthermore, I have created a sorted_username.dat file. My question is this: My script uses the word "finished" != finished to break the while loop. How can I avoid having the word "finished" show up in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erest8
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate files from list with different path

I have a list which contains all the jar files shipped with the product I am involved with. Now, in this list I have some jar files which appear again and again. But these jar files are present in different folders. My input file looks like this /path/1/to a.jar /path/2/to a.jar /path/1/to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing a column from list

What I am trying to do is figure out how to remove a column from a list in a file, or from the command line. The opposite of cut -cX-Y file1 The file contains (result of who command) jhabi0 pts/ta Oct 8 16:22 llemo0 pts/1 Oct 8 15:30 rgood0 pts/2 Oct ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question