FTP Directories

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP Directories
# 1  
Old 04-01-2009
FTP Directories

Hi Unix Gurus,

Been trying to find a thread on this matter but somehow it's not related.

I'm trying to ftp a few directories from Unix to the Wintel server but somehow its not working at all Smilie

i've tried to use mput but mput is only working for files but not directory.

any suggestion will me much appreciated!

regards,
wee
# 2  
Old 04-01-2009
ftp clients on command line usually can't do this. For example tar your stuff 1st, then ftp it and untar it on the receiving box.
Graphical ftp clients usually can do this recursively.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort directories in 'D' on FTP server

Hello, There are 3 directories on FTP server with format yyyymmddhhmiss. Can someone please let tell me how do I sort these directories in descending order. I only have get the files from the latest directory on FTP server. ftp>ls -l 20150707011229 20150707061229 20150707131225 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allow FTP user to access multiple directories

Hi Experts, I am in urgent need of your suggestions. I have below two users in my system: xyz:x:101:101:XYZ System Account:/export/home/xyz:/bin/bash abc:x:2009:10:ftp user only:/export/home/abc:/bin/false Where "xyz" is the crucial one and "abc" is only introduced for FTPing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return all sub directories on ftp server

Hey guys, I'm new to the programming world in general, and I only write in applescript so far. I am trying to find a shell script that will return a list of all the sub directories (or folders) within a directory on my ftp server. The server needs a username and password. I would assume the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriftinkid
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp files with directories

hi, i am trying to ftp files from one server to another. how do i do it with all directories.(i mean i need the same directory structure) mget -r * doesnt seem to work properly..pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing directories via ftp

Hello! I am trying to compare a list of files in 2 directories - one on our unix server (I'll call it 'ours') and one on a site we ftp to (I'll call it 'ftp'). I need to make sure that after we ftp, the names that we put out there match the names we have on our side. I was thinking to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why cant i find my ftp directories in the unix structure

Hi, I'm new here so hello to everyone...i'm also new to linux/unix but got my first dedicated server about 2 weeks ago and have been using ssh to configure it on ubuntu linux. I have a question about something i can't work out....if i use ftp to transfer files ( php, html, javascript files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elduderino
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get files from multiple directories using FTP

Hi, I need to download multiple files in multiple directores from other Unix server. The files could have been created by differnet user. I can use root account but I want the preserve the owner and time of the remote file. Need help on how I can do this using FTP. Thanks, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1209
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting list of directories on windows using ftp

is this possible ? i want to get the complete path of current working directory and folders under that directory ( ignore the files in them ) on windows usingn ftp from a unix box The reason i am asking is because I need to write a script so that whenever a user creates a folder on windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

using finddepth in ftp to search for directories in perl

Hi all, I have script which downloads the build and copies onto the local machine I am able to download files in a directory, but unable to get the files in subdierctories. I am using finddepth to search for sub directories but I am unable to do so. Here is my code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files to different directories

The script below is written to ftp files to different directories on the destination server, but I'm not sure whether I have written the code correctly or not. Can anyone help me on this? #!/bin/sh FILE_NAMES="FileA FileB FileC" SERVER=xxxx USERID=abcd PASSWD=xxxxx... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrd600
12 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question