How to represent euro sign in unix

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to represent euro sign in unix
# 1  
Old 01-22-2008
Question How to represent euro sign in unix

how should represent euro sign "€" in Unix
# 2  
Old 01-22-2008
Your locale (character-set) must support the Euro symbol. One locale that does is ISO8859-15
(Latin-15). Tell us your OS name and version and we may be able to help you further.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sign Soap Message from client certificate from UNIX

I have to call a webservice , I need to pass the static request from Unix which should have message signing details in the soap header . I am using cURL command for this. I do not have java , I need to do it through Unix only . Below is the kind of Soap envelop I want to wrap around my request .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Event Prediction - Euro 2012

Please add this new "event". (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ni2
10 Replies

3. Programming

Rupee Sign printing using Pro * C (Unix Platform/Oracle10g) code

Hi All, I want to print new Indian Rupees sign in my report which is developed in Pro*C code. Please help me to know: ->What necessary settings i have to do.. I am looking for free product. Please help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msbrd
0 Replies

4. Linux

Euro - Symbol with enscript

Hello List, I am new in this forum. I have a problem with enscript and I am searching for about one year for a solution: We are using enscript and ghostscript to create pdf-Documents with our Software running on linux server. To print the EURO Symbol on a fixed place I can change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stefan2907
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP | unix | regular expression - How to represent two whitespaces?

ls -l generates something like... -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 19304 Jan 21 2009 true -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 40208 Jan 21 2009 umount -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 22336 Jan 21 2009 uname -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1273 Jan 21 2009 unicode_start -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 79 Jan 21 2009... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Euro Sign and some other chars

First of all hello, this is my first post here. :) I have a problem with displaying the euro sign and two other characters from the ISO8859-7 greek set (the drachma sign and the ipogegrameni) in the UNIX platform. Either when I type them normally or if i try to read a text file with some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavlos87
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

8. Programming

printing euro

how do you print a euro using ewan in c? I just need to add a line to the end of a program to enable it to print a euro. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teabagger
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory?

Hi , Could u tell me What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory? Regards Ashish Malviya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashishm
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question