Command result to file

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command result to file
# 1  
Old 12-24-2008
Command result to file

I would like to send results as log to a file on unix.

When I try to run following command, no command_result file occured. I can't see logs.

How can I put the results to a file with java command on unix ?

java -classpath . HelloWorld $parameter>command_result
# 2  
Old 12-24-2008
Tools Do not double-post questions

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...sult-file.html

Please review Forum Rules for further information.
The UNIX and Linux Forums - Forum Rules
# 3  
Old 12-25-2008
Following command doesn't help to write results to log file.
How can I put results to a log file for this command ?

prm_result=`java -classpath . HelloWorld $parameter`
echo $prm_result>file.log
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get following result using foreach command?

Dear all, For example, if data contains following numbers:1 2 3 4 5 6 I would like get like below using foreach command,1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 1 6 2 3 2 4 2 5 2 6 3 4 3 5 3 6 4 5 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ryan Kim
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep result from dd command

Hi, I am running following command in a bash script for testing IO and use grep to get throughput number, but it did not work, it displayed everything: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync | grep bytes | awk '{print $7}' 1+0 records in 1+0 records out 536870912 bytes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Time" command and save result in a file.txt

Hi, I'am using "time" to check execution time of some script. Is there any possibility to save time command result into a file ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use the result from a command in SED

Hi all, this is my first post so go gentle. My goal is to use SED to add data to the end of lines in a file, then send the results to standard output. However, I want to add the result of another command to the end of the lines. Basically: sed 's/$/ insert command stuff here/' file.txtHere... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsmith_4242
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

java Command result to file

I would like to send results as log to a file on unix. When I try to run following command, no command_result file occured. I can't see logs. How can I put the results to a file with java command on unix ? java -classpath . HelloWorld $parameter>command_result (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senem
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo command result

hello how can i print to screen the result of this command ? echo "pwd | sed 's/.*foo//'" when i type it im geting it printed as string "pwd | sed 's/.*DevEnv//'" and not the result of the operetion. tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

FTP command result

Hi there! I've used the ftp command to transfert datas between two linux box. The answer of this command, was: It strange because the transfert was complete and it brings two messages, the first is successful from PORT command and the second is an error from EPRT command! So, It seems that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nymus7
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question