Get the timezones of various users

Operating Systems Linux Get the timezones of various users
# 1  
Old 11-10-2005
Get the timezones of various users

Hi,

How will I get the timezones of various users logged in a UNIX server.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Praveen
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

users cannot switch with "su" to another users

Hi, i have a problem, itīs because users without belonging wheel group cannot switch to another user , when the password is introduced says not right password. The only solution for now is to add them to wheel users, but then i have another problem, they can login as root. Is there any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

5. Linux

DST Time Change for positive timezones not working

I was doing timezone and DST testing which is required for some of my products Here is the strange behaviour i observed First i did set the timezone to PST 2010 (which is less than GMT basically negative timezone) zdump -v /etc/localtime |grep 2010 /etc/localtime Sun Mar 14 09:59:59... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra1103
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Limiting SFTP Users While Not Limiting Regular Users?

Hi, I have searched the web and have come back with nothing that is satisfactory for what I require. SFTP is my corporations new file transfer standard. What I require is a method to lock down SFTP users to their directory (they may go to sub directories) while not restricting regular users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emancipator
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX timezones - a way around rebooting?

Hi, I've got a bunch of IBM AIX 5L 5.3 and 5L 5.2 servers here that I've inherited from my predecessor in a new job, and I'm trying to sort out their timezones. A number of them need to have their timezones changed to the correct setting - it would appear that they were not configured properly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willwork4foo
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Users

Is there a command to tell what applications certain users ran in past few months? And thier last login? This is on HPUX machine Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: catwomen
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Daylight Savings - Timezones etc...

Hey Neo - or other Unix.com staffers - I've selected my Timezone for the forums - however it's wrong for my Country - as we have Daylight Savings for 6 months of the year - so currently were 1 hour ahead of the time that is provided in the personal options pages. Can we add another for this - no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
WALL(1) 							   User Commands							   WALL(1)

NAME
wall - write a message to all users SYNOPSIS
wall [-n] [-t timeout] [-g group] [message | file] DESCRIPTION
wall displays a message, or the contents of a file, or otherwise its standard input, on the terminals of all currently logged in users. The command will wrap lines that are longer than 79 characters. Short lines are whitespace padded to have 79 characters. The command will always put a carriage return and new line at the end of each line. Only the superuser can write on the terminals of users who have chosen to deny messages or are using a program which automatically denies messages. Reading from a file is refused when the invoker is not superuser and the program is set-user-ID or set-group-ID. OPTIONS
-n, --nobanner Suppress the banner. -t, --timeout timeout Abandon the write attempt to the terminals after timeout seconds. This timeout must be a positive integer. The default value is 300 seconds, which is a legacy from the time when people ran terminals over modem lines. -g, --group group Limit printing message to members of group defined as a group argument. The argument can be group name or GID. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
Some sessions, such as wdm, that have in the beginning of utmp(5) ut_type data a ':' character will not get the message from wall. This is done to avoid write errors. SEE ALSO
mesg(1), talk(1), write(1), shutdown(8) HISTORY
A wall command appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The wall command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux August 2013 WALL(1)