Server is not booting

Operating Systems Solaris Server is not booting
# 1  
Old 01-25-2010
Server is not booting

I have setup NIS+ server and Client on my server and after I reboot. It is not booting. What may be the problem?
# 2  
Old 01-25-2010
Solaris version? Error messages? We can't help you if you provide one-liner statement
# 3  
Old 01-25-2010
Hi,

thre is no error message in the console just say domain name xxxxxx.com and just hung.

There is no error messages.
# 4  
Old 01-26-2010
boot through cdrom to single user mode. comment out the entries in the /etc/defaultdomain or any changes in the /etc/nsswitch.conf and reboot first.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Fibre channel link down on booting Solaris server

Hi I had power issue that affected a server, in which I had power ON the server SPARC T1-B3 running solaris 10. After power on the system stops at ok prompt, them I issued the following commands: {0} ok setenv auto-boot? false auto-boot? = false {0} ok reset-all SPARC T3-1B,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Server not booting into OS

Hello I have an old sun fire v250 server that I am trying to revive. I am trying to boot it from cdrom to install the OS (Solaris 10). The original data in the disk is corrupt and I am trying to do a new clean install. However I encounter the following errors. Does it look like the disk itself... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: br1an
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Zones not booting after server reboot

Hello guys This is my first post. I have very little experience and I woud appreciate your input on this problem. I have a server running Solaris 10. In that server I have 2 zones that work perfectly fine, however, if I reboot the server, the zones don't boot and I have to do it manually. i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun E420R server not booting

Hi all, I am getting boot time message for sun E420R server. I need urgent help. Hardware Power ON CPU Offline (not present) Master CPU : 0000.0001.0055.11a0 CPU Offline (not present) CPU Offline (not present) Master E$ : 0000.0000.0040.0000 Button Power ON (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Server: loop while booting

Hello Everyone, First: English is not my native language, sorry. I was given today on the work of a SUN Enterprse 220r, then I was going to install Debian-sparc, but the server remains in the boot process in a loop of the Fork interpreter depends (begin to load with power-up) starts the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snap
4 Replies

6. Linux

Supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" me

supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" message comes. I tried giving acpi=off to the kernel command line but same problem.It shows everything ok and no problem with memory and processors and power supplies.Wt could be the reason? It has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Improperly formatted value for 'tftp-server' error while booting the target from LAN

Hi, I wish to install solaris 10 on a target machine (t1000) by using Jumpstart. I have configured by jumpstart environment for the same. When i boot the target with the option "boot net -v install" i get the following error... {0} ok boot net -v install Boot device: /pci@7c0/pci@0/network@4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem booting Sun ultra enterprise 450 server

Hi, I have a sun ultra enterprise 450 server. This server powers on and a white screen appears with the system and network information. But it doesnot boot up completely. Booting operation wil be halted by a warning: \usr\sbin\fsck not found. Most likely the mount of \usr failed or the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgashwini
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

hp 9000 k class server not booting

We have an old k class server that we would like to use as a testbed for our oracle application. However, it is not booting properly - fiailing the self boot test (light at the back of server is blinking). On the little window on the front of server i see the following message about console (?). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombard_c
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Booting Up Servers from the Terminal Server.

All, I have a problem with booting up of servers. I am involved in application programming(Perl/Shell), but don't have much hardware knowledge about the Sun Solaris Server's we use. Our Development Servers are located at a remote place from the Development Centre. Every time there is a Power... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question