cannot access host servers from Exceed

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cannot access host servers from Exceed
# 1  
Old 01-17-2002
Question cannot access host servers from Exceed

we're having problems logging into host servers thru X-window(we use hummingbird exceed)...If I have 10 host servers, I only see 3 servers from exceed which I can access. I'm not sure whether this is a exceed x-window problems or host server problms or NFS problems or NIS problems?..no clue...please help.
Servers are all up and running fine. I can ping the host servers' IP from command line, but cannot access it thru exceed. please help. thank you
# 2  
Old 01-17-2002
other info....we changed out companies IP address few weeks ago, but up until yesterday we did not had this problems....
# 3  
Old 01-17-2002
Are all the systems on the same sub-net? Are the three you can see on the same sub-net as your system? Are all the others you can not see on a different sub-net?

It may be that a router is set not to pass the X traffic.
thehoghunter
# 4  
Old 01-17-2002
Data

I'm not unix guy nor network person...not sure whether it's in same sub-net or not....but it's seems to me it's network problem...don't know where to start and check this....=(
# 5  
Old 01-18-2002
have you resolved the problem already? the question about subnets is right to the point. if the missing xhosts are all in a different subnet you have network configuration issue. if not try this. it may not solve the problem but it should help point you in the right direction...

go to exceed's xconfig
open the communications application
put startup mode in "XDMCP-broadcast"
click on the "Configure" button
in the "XDMCP Broadcast frame click on "Host List File"
use the default or whatever you want
click on "Edit"
enter the ip addresses of the affected hosts
save the file and exit xconfig

this might help you resolve whether you are having broadcast issues?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to validate the access for Servers

Hi Experts, Please advise to Write a Shell script, To check , whether the user has access to UNIX PRODUCTION server or not? If no, then need to provide the access to UNIX PRODUCTION server and then need to provide access to print only few FILES. After connecting to ther server, again... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X-Server access is denied on host

The situation is: I have a RHEL 7.3 VM that I am able to access via both ssh and VM console. I am able to run all of the standard commands for verifying that X11 forwarding/xhost permissions are working (xclock, nautilus, firefox, etc.) i can also run the runInstaller for Oracle client, No problems... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melghaze
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script to access many servers

Hi there, I'm writing a simple script (in a batch file) to access a number of servers with a number of different credentials (users/passwords/root passwords etc). What I need is a way to execute commands as root. I'm currently using the batch file to read the server information out of a text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlpicard
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Ssh between servers - No DSA host key is known

It seems I can do ssh <IP> but not ssh <hostname> If I try to ssh to hostname I get the error - No DSA host key is known for host1 and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed. Where do I set up the DSA keys? Is it ssh_known_hosts? Assume afterwards I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn script to access multiple host and collect data

Hi, I'm newbie in Korn scripting as well as in Unix. I need to have a script to do the following. 1) ssh multiple hosts -In my case, login credentials are not an issue as all keys authorized by default. Example of host IP (24.35.14.6, 24.35.14.7, 24.35.14.8, 24.35.14.9, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
2 Replies

6. AIX

Configure one host against two ntp servers for redundancy

Dears all is it possible to have two NTP servers in one host ? how i can configure them . please advice (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
5 Replies

7. AIX

Why access to the servers is denied?

There is one aix server, IP is 152.240.28.14, the user IP is 152.240.88.64, The user is able to get access briefly then all access is denied from the whole subnet 152.240.88.0. a short while later access is granted and the same thing happens all over again. The customer is able to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine access on host os

Hi I have two solaris 10 virtual machines on my Vista laptop. I want to access both machines using putty in vista. I used DHCP while installing virtual machines. one machine gets the ip address and other does not. What is the problem? can i assign a static ip address if yes how? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

9. Linux

Access environment variables on remote host using ssh

How can i access environment variables on remote host using ssh example: # Remote server $ echo $MAIL /var/spool/mail/gacf $ # Local server $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/mail/gacf $ Expected to find: $ ssh gacf@server1 'echo $MAIL' /var/spool/mail/gacf $ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question