Creating a bootable CD

Operating Systems BSD Creating a bootable CD
# 1  
Old 03-31-2006
Creating a bootable CD

Hi to all,

Iam using FreeBSD 5.4. I want to write a kernel file with an option "CD9660_ROOT" in it. When i start to compile this kernel, it gives a message "unknown option CD9660_ROOT". Could anyone hellp with this as soon as possible.

Bye,
tadakamalla
# 2  
Old 04-04-2006
Please atleast give me the suggestions for this !

I have one more doubt. As you all know that i am using FreeBSD 5.4 version and iam creating a bootable CD of this.

Now iam writing my own directory which has the entire FreeBSD 5.4 binaries and i wanted to copy /var, /tmp, and /etc directories from 5.4-RELEASE into my own directory.

But 5.4 version have "/etc/fbtab" file instead of "/etc/fstab" file. So could anyone of u could you give me the suggestion what to do with this? Or else do u guys want me to copy the "/etc/fbtab" file itself?

Suggestions please.

Bye,
Pradeep
# 3  
Old 04-11-2006
Urgent help please !

I dont have "vnode driver" in FreeBSD 5.4. I have to include this pseudo-device option in the kernel and compile it. What is your suggestion.

Please anyone of you respond to me as soon as possible for which i would be grateful to you.

Bye,
Pradeep
# 4  
Old 05-05-2006
first of all do a make LINT in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
In LINT you'll find all the possible vars for your kernel
put in /etc/make.conf KERNCONF="YOURKERNELNAME"

then in /usr/src make buildkernel && make installkernel

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Trouble creating RHEL 6.5 bootable image with custom kickstart file

Hi everyone, I have a custom kickstart file from a software vendor and I'm trying to package that with a RHEL 6.5 and then attach it to a VM and install RHEL with the settings in the kickstarter file. I'm doing this from a windows PC using an app called InfraRecorder. I've extracted the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 911Eric
0 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

4. Linux

Creating a bootable dvd/cd disk

Hi all, thanks for so many helps in many problems! Can anyone guide, how to create a bootable cd/dvd from downloaded iso images of CentOS 5? I have collected all the iso in a dvd but it is not booting the system. Any response will be appreciable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Looking for help with creating bootable USB key

I am currently trying to create a bootable USB key that I can use to boot a couple different X86 single slot processors. Creating a basic key is as easy as can be but I am looking to customize this boot image to meet two important criteria: 1. The system must boot in text only mode as my only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingfish1760
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Creating a bootable disk in 9.10

I am trying to copy a HP-UX disk. Both the OS and H/W are quite old HP-UX hpeval3 B.09.10 A 9000/382 080009789a46 I have a 1.5Gb disk and a new 2Gb disk. I have been using the following method to create the copy, which must be a bootable disk. #mediainit /dev/rdsk/cEd1s0 (2Gb disk) cEd0s0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcqv
9 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

8. SuSE

CD Bootable OS

Hi, I want to create a CD that is bootable containing a working Linux OS ie OS runs from CD and not harddrive. Will probably install Linux to a 650GB partition , including all the bits I need. How would I then use this partition to create a working CD? Ideas and Web sites with info very... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootable CD

Hi, I need to be able to make a back bootable CD for Solaris 7 + software on the system. As stated the CD needs to be a bootable one, I know it will more then likely have to be more then 1 CD and I don't mind. What would be a good program to do this? Also the best way to go about doing it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question