# 15  
Old 09-03-2008
Code:
while IFS=, read FOLDER_VAR PATH_VAR USER_VAR SERVER_VAR; do
  : stuff
done < $CSV_FILE

# 16  
Old 09-03-2008
I have done IFS also before. The problem is when i use my logic as posted earlier then it reads the first row only and exit. I have used IFS reset IFS also and have used for loop also.

If i dont have any space in the file then everything works fine with no problem. It iterates the whole file and creates the appropriate folder in the appropriate server.

I get the desired output when not doing the logic but i do not get the desired result when i put my logic in that while loop or for loop.
# 17  
Old 09-04-2008
A trace of sh -x yourscript with it reading only the first line would be useful.
# 18  
Old 09-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by era
A trace of sh -x yourscript with it reading only the first line would be useful.
as you can see i already suggested that..
# 19  
Old 09-08-2008
I got it.

IFS='
'

Was the problem :--)

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem space used on AIX 5.3

Hello everyone, Sorry for my English but i'm French. I have a problem on an AIX 5.3 server on the occupation of a file system. When i run a df -m, this is what i get : Filesystem MB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/fslv09 3936.00 340.94 92% 7255 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veis
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap space problem

Hy! Recently i had a problem with one of mine Tru64 machines. It started to kill processes because of low amount of swap space. It said that it went below 10 %. But when i ran swapon -s it said: In-use space: 12 % So, the system couldn't accept any new ssh connections plus it killed most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space problem in files

Hi, I have a file containing a list of entries. Want to do ls on them. for a in `cat <list.txt>`; do ls $a; done; Now some entries contain spaces. How do i incorporate space in $a. Quoting $a in "" doesn't help. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix -- Space problem -- File number limitation?

Dear all Recently I cant touch file in one mount point (which is not full, 78% full only), it says can't write to device, obviously it means it's full, I deleted some files and I can write some files only. I wonder is there any file number limitation in a mount point and how can I check or how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanemcmahon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Everywhere space problem

Solved.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redbeard_06
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux space problem

I am very new to Linux and trying to install Oracle 9.2 on Red Hat Linux 7.2. My problem: /tmp needs to be larger in order to install Oracle. It is 64MB now. How can I resize this? I'm totally confused !! Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: canova
7 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

problem with swap space

I have sun solaris 8 for intell with 128m physiccal ram and swap of 148. Oracle requires to have 512M swap space. Is there a way I can change the swap space on intell machine without repartioning the box:? what if i create a link to /swap from another place???? pls advise Jigar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with space

I am in the initial stage of learning UNIX. I got PC with Intel SUN SOLARIS S/W. I am planning to install Oracle on the same machine. I have created /export with more than 3gb space, when I have installed the OS. As a Oracle user when I am trying to create a directory I am able to get only 512... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root file system space problem

Dear all My actual root file system size is 1 gb, only OS installed . other than OS i did n't installed in this slice. but It shows 100% full. When try to create space , I couldn't find any files other than OS. What may be the reason? Help.... any one pls. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbaloo
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question