Assign port dedicatedly against an interface !

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Assign port dedicatedly against an interface !
# 1  
Old 04-21-2010
Assign port dedicatedly against an interface !

Dear Friends ,
I am using RHEL 5 . In my Linux Box i have two Lan cards (eth0 and eth1) .

"eth0" is connected with network 192.168.10.0 and "eth1" is connected with network 192.168.11.0 . Both Network are inter connected via routing .

Now I want a situation where , I want to dedicatedly assign some port numbers against a lan card . Like eth0 will be assigned for ssh (22) and eth1 is assigned for telnet (23) . so that ,

when a user connect to 22 port then he/she is connected to the server through eth0 , and when a user connect 23 port then he/she is connected to the server through eth1.

Is it possible to do using iptables or other ?

Waiting for kind reply ... ...
# 2  
Old 04-21-2010
This can be configured in many ways but before I'd go through the headache of setting up iptables, I'd first try and configure it in the daemons themselves. You'd configure ssh to listen for connections on 192.168.10.x where x is whatever IP your server has, etc, etc.
# 3  
Old 04-21-2010
As Corona said, it can be done........the better question is......why? Usually when something convoluted comes up, it is to retread something that has already been implemented in a more conventional, supportable and well thought out manner.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with same interface?

Hello dears how to assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with same interface on solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ttashman
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Port based multi interface routing

Hello, I wanted to setup routing certain traffic (http/s) out via a second (faster) interface, like described in the following docs (may not post urls): linux-ip.net /html/adv-multi-internet.html thegeekstuff.com /2014/08/add-route-ip-command/ I already had this working years ago on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyphan
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

IPv6 address block assign/associate with an interface

Hello all, I am trying to receive (tcp/udp/sctp) traffic from all IPs and, eventually, all ports of an IPv6 address block using as few sockets as possible short of implementing my own network stack. One possible solution was to associate an IP block to an interface then bind to that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redwil
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

Simple port fwd. 1 interface

I have been tearing my hair out with this (and not enough left to keep going). I have a linux box (raspberry pi) single ethernet interface in a heavily filtered DMZ with external ports fwd'd that can access an internal IP's (different subnet). I want to forward the traffic. Should be simple I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: martyuiop
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

iptable port forwarding between two lan interface

Hi, How can I config iptables to allow port forwarding from one WAN interface to second lan interface . In my system I have one wan interface 61.93.204.56 (eth0),and lan interface 10.2.1.52(eth1) I want to make port forward port no 22 from 61.93.204.56 to port 22 , 10.2.1.52 , tcp and udp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign multiple IPs to Aggregated interface in Solaris 10?

I have 2 physical interfaces (bnx0 and bnx1) aggregated into aggr1. I need to assign second IP, and normally I know how to do it to physical interface (i.e. bnx0:1) however same trick (aggr1:1) is not working. Is there any way to do it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bratan
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Need to run Nagios Web Interface on a different port

Hi, During Nagios install we added the following piece of config to apache httpd.conf file and it runs on the regular port 80, now if I want to run this on a different port then what needs to changed to make it run on lets say port 8080. I tried adding Virtual servers but was getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to assign a dedicated network interface to a non-global zone?

We got a network card(e1000g0) with 1gb of speed and working with global zone. We got a new network interface card, we have to place that in slot and we have to use that card as dedicated network interface to the non-global zone(hyd_app) in V890. As i never done this before, please explain me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

assign mac address for virtual interface eth1:0

Hi , by default the physical interface (eth1) and virtual interface eth1:0 will be having same mac address, is there any way we can assign separate mac addresses for both the interfaces. would some one help me out in this. Thanks Gopi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to assign MAC address to N/W interface in solaris

I m having interface ce0 ce1 and its sub interfaces for that. I want to give MAC addresses for the same. How will I assign it. Please give solution for the same (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question