glic detected on free

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat glic detected on free
# 1  
Old 05-07-2009
glic detected on free

Hello,

I have built a shared object on SuSe using gcc. I then copied this shared object to a RedHat machine and built a test application using gcc 3.4.6 which linked the shared object built on SuSe. When running the test application on RedHat, I get a glic detected on free message and the application cores. The gdb points deep into the std::vector.

However, if I build the test application on SuSe itself linking the shared object and tranfer it to my RedHat box, it works fine. I am wondering if RedHat version of gcc has compatibility problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Last edited by sbaratam; 05-08-2009 at 07:42 AM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ glibc detected double free or corruption(!prev) using shared library

Currently I test a shared library vendor provided in linux , the following is the simple source : #include <iostream> using namespace std; extern int test1(); extern int test2(); int main() { cout << "hello world" << endl ; return 0 ; cout << "Test 1" << endl; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barfatchen
6 Replies

2. Programming

Sleep function not detected

Hello Im using geany to write my c codes. Below is my code to make the internal LED of beaglebone flashing. But i cant seem to use the sleep or delay to make the program wait for a couple of miliseconds. I've included all include files that i can find but none of it solve the problem. Any help is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HellRyder
1 Replies

3. Hardware

iPhone Not being detected

I'm New to the linux world I'm running OpenSuse and as soon as I installed everything was wokring like a charm. and i said to myself I'm so keeping this OpSys! everytime i would plug in my iPhone it would read it as anything else as a filesystem and i was able to go through the device files an etc,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Medium Changer not detected.

Hello Gurus, We are in the process of configuring SAN based backup for our DB hosted on Solaris 10 (SPARC and X86) Servers. But the Robotic arm (Medium Changer - HP) is not getting detected on the server. Need experts help in checking this from the host (Solaris Server) end. Thank You. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
0 Replies

5. Solaris

MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free

Hi, I have a problem one of the server file system cross the limitation MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free out put please help how to resolve this dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol 9.8G 8.8G 956M 91% / /devices ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniva0
3 Replies

6. Programming

Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free

I am using a structure defined as follows struct gene_square { double *x; double *y; };I have class, with a member function which is a pointer of this type: gene_square* m_Genes;I am allocating memory in the constructors like this: m_Genes = new gene_square; for (ii=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatoo
1 Replies

7. Programming

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 ***

when i try to use the class i wrote, i either get this: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 *** and the proccess exits with an error code of 0; or it segfaults. could someone look at my header file (with imp.) to give me some insight as to why its not working? ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
19 Replies

8. Programming

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 ***

hi, I have made a small C program that make use of malloc and free for processing bitmap images. when i try to run the program, I am getting a error something like *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x0000000000503e70 *** I am not sure of which free() is causing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbreddy
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
libplot(3LIB)                                                   Interface Libraries                                                  libplot(3LIB)

NAME
libplot, lib300, lib300s, lib4014, lib450, libvt0 - graphics interface libraries SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lplot [ library... ] #include <plot.h> DESCRIPTION
Functions in this library generate graphics output. INTERFACES
The shared object libplot.so.1 provides the public interfaces defined below. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object interfaces. arc box circle closepl closevt cont erase label line linemod move openpl openvt point space FILES
/usr/lib/libplot.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libplot.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib300.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib300.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib300s.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib300s.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib4014.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib4014.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/lib450.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/lib450.so.1 64-bit shared object /usr/lib/libvt0.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libvt0.so.1 64-bit shared object ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pvs(1), intro(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Jun 2003 libplot(3LIB)