Question ASK | How to scp command AIX to windows

Hii Master,

im will copy file/directory aix to windows with scp commandline,
but some error below:

Quote:
# scp -r /secript scpuser@172.16.0.250:/cygdrive/d/
ssh: connect to host 172.16.0.250 port 22: Connection refused
lost connection
Note: If ping to 172.16.0.250 reply and was connected, and was open/allow port 22 at windows server inbound

In aix finish installing ssh
in windows finish installing winscp

my expectation is will copying directory with SCP commandline and running crontab everyday

please your advice master

regards,
ruhul amin

Last edited by williamen; 07-22-2015 at 09:48 PM..
# 2  
Old 07-22-2015
Having an ssh client on every side doesn't help. You'd need a ssh server on one side at least, like e.g. Windows SSH Server.
# 3  
Old 07-22-2015
It is probably easier to install the sshd (server) on aix and then you can use winscp (client) to get from aix or send to aix.

see..

Get the latest version of OpenSSH for AIX
# 4  
Old 07-27-2015
Het blackrageous - that link is to version 3.4p1 - not really current.

There are better links:

IBM (need an IBM ID): https://www-01.ibm.com/marketing/iwm...xbp&lang=en_US
PERZL (AIX Toolbox replacement): (my bad - he only has openssl updates)
AIXTOOLS: openssh - AIXTOOLS (or if interested in LibreSSL - look at libressh - AIXTOOLS)
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to copy file from Windows to AIX using SCP?

Hi I'd like to copy file ( or directory ) from a window server to an unix server using scp command, something like this scp -rp admin@10.0.99.99:C:\Documents and Settings\abc.txt /home/oracle/abc.txtI tried testing something like command above but nothing worked. Somebody help !! Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
7 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

scp to windows and delete files from windows

Hi Team, I Have list file in Unix server, I need to copy files from Windows to Unix for the list of files given in Unix list file. after coping files to unix, I need to delete the files from Windows. i used SCP and moved files from windows to unix based on list file is done and working.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spradeep86
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use screen command in AIX to scp file to other server

Hello, Please assist me in using screen command in AIX to scp file to other server Best regards, Vishal (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp command solaris to windows

Can I use scp command to throw a file from my Solaris box to Windows under this path "C:\work\SSL" ? If so, Please help me with a syntax. Also help me with any alternatives I can try. Solaris ----> Windows . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Passwordless SCP for windows

Hi, I installed OpenSSH for Windows v3.8.1 on a Windows Server 2003 R2. From my pc (which is running windows XP), I can run commands like scp to the server. But its prompting me for a password. I googled some more and found out about the public/private keys which i set up. But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wala_lang
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

scp Command from Linux to Windows

Hi Everyone, I am trying to use the basic scp command in Linux to transfer a file over to a windows system, my syntax is as follows: scp <filename> <username)@<serveraddress>:directory. But the command keeps timing out. Any one have any thoughts? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twhitmarsh
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp from aix to windows (cygwin) fails

Hi... my problem is that I want to copy one html-file to my windows-box webserver using scp. so far no problem but the destination is in /cygdrive/c/program files/dest and as we all know unix doesnt like spaces in paths. scp html.file user@windowsbox:/cygdrive/c/program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher82
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need an scp command from a unix box to a windows box.

scp file="myfile.txt" todir="user@somehost:(M:drive:/somepath/)"/ Not sure I need it to go to a specific drive on the windows box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

10. Solaris

scp from windows

does anyone know of an app that is scriptable or automated to x-fer a file from win to unix using ssh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question