Network problem en0 - en1 !!!

Operating Systems AIX Network problem en0 - en1 !!!
# 8  
Old 07-24-2006
That's not a problem. just turn that off. The operating system is now providing network adapter failover. You're customer is using VCS on AIX? They're one of the very few smart ones. Its much easier than HACMP, both implementing and maintaining. Of course I'm a bit biased, since I was the strategic alliances managing engineer for the VERITAS/IBM partnership. I left after the ill-advised Symantec "merger".

Old 07-24-2006
i think you're right. Anyway i am happy to have meet you . We really prefer Veritas here ..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

en0 fail to up.

This is a LPAR that i created earlier. I want to set an IP address to en0 but it failed. Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. en0 devdbm01 inet0 changed Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chgif): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
8 Replies

2. AIX

Network Problem

Hi everbody; I have 2 p520 machines and created a vio server for each one (vio01 - vio02). I created 3 AIX 5.3 lpars on vio02 and 3 AIX 6.1 lpars on vio01. The problem is when 2 lpars are activated, i can ping gateway from both lpars and vio; but when i activate 3rd lpar, network downs and none of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordofdarkness
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Ms network browser problem

hi all, i manage a network of 120 windows xp systems and my gateway run on centos 4.6 i actually config the linux gateway my self and i config iptable rules as well.until now, all has been fine but the problem now is that amunable to browse the network using my network places from some of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uwa45
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Network problem

Folks; I have 2 SUSE servers (192.168.157.100 & 192.168.157.101) both are similar and has the same gateway 192.168.157.1 I can connect to the second one from my PC just fine (192.168.157.101). The problem is i couldn't connect to the first one using SSH even after i disabled the firewall. when i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

6. AIX

network printer problem

I have AIX 5.3 OS. After issuing the print command, the printer state immediately goes down. I have checked the /etc/qconfig flle, resatrted the qdaemon but again same problem is occuring. I am using HP 5100 connected to jetdirect. what is the problem and it's solution? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
4 Replies

7. AIX

Problem with a Network Interface

Hi every body, I have a Fiber Channel interface (fcs2) in AIX 5.2. This interface was fine & up but for some reason I could not return this interface UP again after I set it DOWN. When I tried to set this interface UP I encountered the following error: Method error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Network problem.

Hi All, This is regarding problem with two servers... EX:- server1(HP) is not able to connect with proxy server server2(SUN BOX) But we can able to login.... server1 is not able to pickup any data from the proxy server... checked in the sunbox... # ping bdhp5050 server1 is alive ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeelans
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network interface problem

Hi expert, Need some help on network interface issue.. I have added 2 x NIC card onto the Ultra 2 system recently and configured as hme1 and hme2. I have unconfigured the onboard hme0 network interface and it was running fine till few days later, i keep recieving error messages showing hme0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem-help

Hello am asking for your help on printer issues. i wanted to change the current printer we have now, basically bec we needed a more durable one. so recently i have a product demo, but its driver is not present in UNIX. i will be using the same network printer name but different model.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancemendioro
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question