Ssh command error

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh command error
# 1  
Old 02-04-2016
Ssh command error

Hello,
I have simple ssh command which is throwing "syntax error: `(' unexpected" error. Below is the command. Could someone please advise on whats wrong with command.
HTML Code:
#!/bin/bash
ssh user@host "ENDJOB JOB(I5OSDRV)"
I have tried `,'. but no luck.

Thanks.
# 2  
Old 02-04-2016
Try escaping the round brackets:-
Code:
ssh user@host "ENDJOB JOB\(I5OSDRV\)"

# 3  
Old 02-04-2016
Hello
Try escaping the brackets, or use single quotes.
hth
# 4  
Old 02-04-2016
Thanks for the input. I have tried escaping with brackets and using the single quotes but getting "bsh: ENDJOB: not found" error.
# 5  
Old 02-04-2016
Try sourcing your .profile:-
Code:
ssh user@host ". ~user/.profile 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null; ENDJOB JOB\(I5OSDRV\)"

or use absolute path of ENDJOB
Code:
ssh user@host "/path/ENDJOB JOB\(I5OSDRV\)"

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH command

Hi All, The code is running from A server cat queuecreation.sh ssh $1 echo "$3" | runmqsc "$2" Running the script as below ./queuecreation.sh <servername> <Queuemanagername> <QueuecreationCommand> ./queuecreation.sh Bserver QASSBSSS 'DEFINE QL(TEST)' The issue here is, ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing output of command over ssh

Hey Guys, i have a script that generates logs at our isilon storage. The part of the script is to geneate logs and grep its name: VAR=`ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null root@XXX isi_gather_info | grep -i "Package:" | awk '{ print $2 }'` Now , while this is run, i do not see the status of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshulsahdev
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command help

I am running a ssh command like this : ssh abc1234 '. /opt/dba/oraadmin/tools/oraenv.sh -S tstd1; export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin;echo "select count(*) from (select b.username from dba_sys_privs a,dba_users b where a.privilege='CREATE SESSION' and a.grantee=b.username union select b.username... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh error: Error reading response length from authentication socket

Hi - I am getting the error `Error reading response length from authentication socket' when I ssh from my cluster to another cluster, and then back to my cluster. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's just annoying that it always pops up and tends to confuse new users of the cluster. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH with and without command gives different results

works as expected $ ssh 172.24.40.100 Last login: Mon Jan 1 06:07:24 2001 from 172.24.41.78 # /path/script.sh gives me error consistent with env setup $ ssh 172.24.40.100 /path/script.sh Which implies the latter is running the script.sh on host a, when I want to 'launch' in from a, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IanVaughan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh command

hi to you all, Is it possible to change all subfolder's permission to 755 and all the files' permission (regardless of its filetype) t0 644 in 1 command? if so what would be the complete command for this ? i tried chmod -R permission /folder -- but if will give all the files and subfolders... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsonist
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job giving error while running SSH command

Hi All, The script which i am using to SSH to remote server is working fine when i run is using ./ but when cron runs it it gives error that "ssh: not found" please help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command in ksh script encounters permission error

I've created a script and copied it to another server and try to execute it at the same time but I'm getting a permission error. I'm logged on as root and I gave the file 777 permission when I created it, but I can't run it remotely via ssh command because of permission issue. Any ideas? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
5 Replies

10. Solaris

command to know ssh version

Hi, I want to know the command to know ssh version on solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question