Solved: Text formatting

[this question is solved, thanks!]

What's the best way to format the text file shown below the way in which

COlA ColB ColC ColD
---- ---- ---- ----
70 923 AAA 5864
70 testing AAA 13062
PPPPPP test AAA 142

Last edited by joe228; 01-26-2011 at 09:19 AM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Formatting the text file

Hi All, I ahve requirement where I want to put the text file in into proper format. I am wondering how can i achieve that:- Host/Alias Name IP Address Resolved sinuiy01.infra.go2uti.com 10.240.8.158 N sinuid20.devtst.go2uti.com 10.240.8.230 N sinuid21.devtst.go2uti.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sending a HTML email from cli loses formatting.

Hi, I have a .sh file, to email a report of our backups from a linux machine. It looks like this (minus a few bits): echo "HELO $host.$domain" sleep 1 echo "mail from: vdrreport@$domain" sleep 1 echo "rcpt to:$mailto" sleep 1 echo "data" sleep 1 echo "subject: $host VDR-Report... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cognito
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Need help formatting a file

I have a report similar to the below: ^L"0.1","Run Date : 19/11/10 Navneet Bank, N.A. PAGE NO : 1" "0.2",Proc Date : 19/11/10 GLOBAL A/C SYSTEM ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting help

I have bunch of files with data's like below. archive.log.0104 ar0104_akl ar0731_rln ar0731_rsl M70148I need to compile all those files into a single file(.xls file) in the below format. 1st row is file name - should come in 1st column in excel In 2 - 4 row, all entries starts with... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth_123
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Text formatting

I am generating the o/p as: BLANSWER 112747 112747 TBLQSTN 983 692 INITIATIVE 35 35 PAIGN 3122 3538 IGNCONTACT 90136 93534 IGNGROUP 27 27 AIGNSTEP 16899 20437 AIGNTYPE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting

A folder is having n number of files each file is having column names in it .Hence using below code . for file in /xxx/sss/* do filename=$( basename $file ) sed -e '1,2d; $d; /^*$/d; /selected\.$/d' ${file} | \ sed -e '1s/^/INSERT INTO '${filename}' VALUES (/; $!s/$/,/; $s/$/);/'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting

I have an input file as below. 1 Sanjib Gayen 2 Chetan Jadhav 3 Vijaykumar Uddi 4 Pinaki Sarkar I want to generate an output file as below. 1-Sanjib Gayen 2-Chetan Jadhav (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: R0H0N
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting TEXT

Hello, I have the following lines in a text file: /var/spool/postfix/defer/1/15C86B0547C /var/spool/postfix/defer/1/19AD1B054A2 /var/spool/postfix/defer/2/25A16B05493 /var/spool/postfix/defer/6/626FBB05496 /var/spool/postfix/defer/6/634D4B0544A /var/spool/postfix/defer/6/6A8ACB05499... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

text formatting

Hi, any idea input: mr.smith stvenson: /address #/tel no/ personal data profile. mrs.smith stevenson: /address #/tel no/occupation/ personal data profile. output: mr.smith stvenson address #: tel no: personal data profile. mrs.smith stevenson address #: tel no: occupation:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting text

Hi, I am having a file containing entries like: .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysName.0 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysLocation.0 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysServices.0 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysORLastChange.0... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
16 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
BFBTESTER(1)						      General Commands Manual						      BFBTESTER(1)

NAME
bfbtester - Brute Force Binary Tester SYNOPSIS
bfbtester [-htv] [-d level] [-r rejects] [-o out-file] [-x max-execs] -a|[-sme] files ... DESCRIPTION
BFBTester is great for doing quick, proactive, security checks of binary programs. BFBTester will perform checks of single and multiple argument command line overflows as well as environment variable overflows. BFBTester can also watch for tempfile creation activity to alert the user of any programs using unsafe tempfile names. While BFBTester can not test all overflows in software, it is useful for detecting initial mistakes that can red flag dangerous software. OPTIONS
You must specify one or more of the following tests: -s Single Argument Test. -m Multiple Argument Test. -e Environment Variable Test. -a Selects all tests Other options: -h Print help. -t Enable tempfile monitoring. -v Print version string. -d level Set debug level (default = 0, max = 2). -r rejects Comma separated list of binaries to skip. -o out-file Output to out-file rather than stdout. -x max-execs Set maximum executables to run in parallel (default = 250). file Specific binary or a directory of binaries to test. OVERVIEW
You must specify at least one test to run and you must specify either a binary or a directory. Executable selection is now done in one of several ways: If the executable filename is specified with a leading slash (an absolute path), no selection is used and the supplied absolute filename is used. If there is no leading slash in the filename the selection is made in one of two ways (in this order): 1) Prepend file name with $PWD and test accesiblity 2) Search through $PATH and find first accessible executable The first one to succeed is the executable choosen. If the filename found is a directory, we walk the directory (one level deep) looking for executable binaries. Symbolic links are followed. You can specify binaries to skip (useful when loading a whole directory) by using the -r option. The following is a crash report: *** Crash </usr/bin/patch> *** args: -D [05120] envs: (null) Signal: 11 ( Segmentation fault ) Core? Yes This means "/usr/bin/patch" crashed when fed with an "-D" and a word 5,120 characters long: $ /usr/bin/patch -D AAA...5,120 characters...AAA (Numbers in brackets mean replace with a word that many characters long) BFBTester is very CPU intensive, and will open many files, so you probably don't want to run it on a production machine during it's busiest period. Just a warning... EXAMPLES
bfbtester -s /usr/bin Run the single argument test on all binaries in folder /usr/bin. bfbtester -ta patch traceroute Run all tests against patch and traceroute and run the tempfile monitor. bfbtester -a ./bfbtester Tests bfbtester (provided it's in the same directory). bfbtester -r kill /usr/bin/kill Does nothing. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Karl Soderstrom <ks@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). januari 23, 2001 BFBTESTER(1)