change priority of packages

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers change priority of packages
# 1  
Old 07-02-2005
change priority of packages

Hi,

I am running a CS:S gameserver and for some reason it gives all packages from the outside network priority over packages from the internal network (which is where I am).

I would like to know how I can get my linux box to accept packages coming from 10.0.0.100 first, then packages from the outside network, and then packages from the rest of the internal network. I have no clue of how to set this up, so can anybody point me in a direction?

the setup of the network is like this

ISP -- D gateway (Fedora C3, game server) -- internal network

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

The priority of the log

Hi, I can't find the priority in my logs, which under the catalogue of /var/log/lmessages. For example, if the log below occur on my machine, there is no <30>. What should I do if I want to see <30> . <30>Oct 9 22:33:20 hlfedora auditd: The audit daemon is exiting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhaoyy
0 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Low priority file????

Hi all, which file has the low priority while linux booting?. I just want to run a script in background with low priority while linux boots up.(I need to include that script to be called from that file) as am a newbie to linux. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, SMNK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMNK
2 Replies

3. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

DNS priority

Hi All, Is this correct on DNS searching? (1st priority) /etc/hosts (2nd p.) /etc/resolv.conf Are there more things that I didn't know? Thank you for any comments you may add. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. AIX

priority for process

hi how to change the priority of a process for eg.if a,b,c these there process are running and if i have to give the b process as high priority and high severe level what should i do (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
3 Replies

6. Programming

kill priority

hello everybody! i would like to post a question. If i embed in my C code the command kill(9,pid) inside an if command. Is this command(kill) executed in any way. Both if the if is true and false. Does kill have greater priority than the if command. thanx in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Priority of rules in Makefile!!!

Consider in a makefile i have the target defined as: pgm: a.o b.o cmd; To build .o, 2 rules are defind .pc.o: cmds .c.o: cmds My question is which rule will take priority for compiling a.o and b.o when the target pgm is built. Despite the positoning of the 2 rules, .c.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quintet
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help me with this ..High Priority!

Hi, I am a nw bie to Schell Scripting, i have a same king of requirement as posted above. my input file is also a log file as below..... 28.05.2008 07:02:56,105 INFO Validation request recieved 28.05.2008 07:03:57,856 INFO 0:01:13.998 Response sent with: <?xml version="1.0"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_gopal
0 Replies

9. Solaris

change priority of stream

Is it possible to change priority of stream process ? Original source: stream ./javawebserver Desired change is kind of: nice --10 of (stream ./javawebserver) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
2 Replies

10. Programming

Changing the priority of a program

I have the following code in a file: task ph_cause_sound() { char sys_call; int ret_val; sprintf (sys_call, "/usr/local/bin/test_sound "); ret_val = system(sys_call); } test_sound is a script file that contains one line: nice --20 /usr/local/bin/vmod4dSOUND What is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddog0606
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)