is it possible to have 2 cgi directories ??

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting is it possible to have 2 cgi directories ??
# 1  
Old 09-23-2010
is it possible to have 2 cgi directories ??

Hi,

Im trying to duplicate a few CGI scripts however the scripts need to be in different directories. does HTTP allow this?, can i just add another directory like the following:

I get the an error when i try this

[Thu Sep 23 09:43:11 2010] [error] [client 10.24.28.99] Options ExecCGI is off in this directory: /var/www/html/rrdtool/sm/index.pl, referer: http://web/rrdtool/sm/

Code:
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin/">
#<Directory "/var/www/html/">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
    Options +ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
##########################################
    <Directory /var/www/html/graphs/>
      AddHandler cgi-script .pl
      Options +ExecCGI
      DirectoryIndex index.pl
    </Directory>

###### 2nd cgi directory ###################
  <Directory /var/www/html/rrdtool/sm/graphs/>
      AddHandler cgi-script .pl
      Options +ExecCGI
      DirectoryIndex index.pl
    </Directory>

Any suggestions

Many thanks

Jeffers
# 2  
Old 09-27-2010
the error is about /var/www/html/rrdtool/sm/ directory, which isn't defined here (in your apache conf file above)
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI Perl : while loop in CGI perl

Hi Team, I am trying to connect to database(succeeded ) and print the records on the browser using while loop. But the elements of array are not displayed instead while loop is displayed directly. Instead of the below I can embed html statements in print but I am looking for the below style as I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

6. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

8. Solaris

apache ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/400.cgi

Hi All, Sorry if the question is trivial for you but, I am new to Apache (2.0.63) and am trying to figure out how to display my 400.cgi. Here is what I have in httpd.conf servername testing DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" ErrorDocument 400 /cgi-bin/badrequest-400.cgi Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question