Customized command excution

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Customized command excution
# 8  
Old 10-09-2015
Solaris has pidmax (number of PIDs) and max_nproc (total number of processes). Both default to 30000, are tunable in /etc/system, where maximum is 999999 and max_nproc<=pidmax.
Unlike Linux, the LWPs (threads) have extra IDs i.e. are not taken from the PID pool.
# 9  
Old 10-09-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
In a shell with job control you can do
Code:
kill %1

and a reused PID won't be killed.
Good idea, but there may be several background jobs - use %%, %+, %command-1, or % instead.
# 10  
Old 10-09-2015
Thanks Don and others !! These information will be of great use to everyone.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Expext Script excution problem..

Hey Guys , iam trying to match to string in TCL scripts but it not working . Its only working true condition to print yes.. When condtion fail then even it prints YES Any suggestion this ?? if {} { puts"yes" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hackerdilli
3 Replies

2. Linux

clarification for cmd excution

Hi Code: nohup sar -u 10 $COUNT | awk 'NR>2 {$2=$4=$7="";}1' | tr -s ' ' '\t' 2>/dev/null >sar.out & i have execute above line from shell script .. but sar.out is created with ZERO bite size.. Help on that what is the problem here (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

customized username?

Hi i have registered but my username is set to default value ( my email). can i change this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: customizeemai
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excution Problems with loading huge data content and convert it

Hi, I got long list of referred file content: CGTGCFTGCGTFREDG PEOGDKGJDGKLJGKL DFGDSFIODUFIODSUF FSDOFJSODIFJSIODFJ DSFSDFDFSDOFJFOSF SDFOSDJFOJFPPIPIOP . . . Input file content: >sample_1 SDFDSKLFKDSLSDFSDFDFGDSFIODUFIODSUFSDDSFDSSDFDSFAS (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parallel excution for 2000 files.

Hi, I have a function abc(). i am calling the function 9 times. it is working fine and completed the script execution 10 hours. input files: CUSTOMER_INFO_1111_12345.csv CUSTOMER_INFO_1222_12345.csv CUSTOMER_INFO_1322_12345.csv CUSTOMER_INFO_1333_12345.csv CUSTOMER_INFO_1151_12345.csv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can nmon be customized?

Hi, my name is Steve Ngai from Malaysia. This is my first post. Hope to learn more about Unix from this forum. My first question is can nmon be customized? When I run nmon, I need to manually type c to see CPU usage, then m for memory usage. Can I pass it some nmon option to automatically see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customized copy.

HI guys, I'm working on a code with the following specs: 1. Retrieving files with a particular extensions from a location specified by the users. 2. Copying those files to user specified location i) but i need to pause copy if the network is busy ii) and the copy process must... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bill88
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To find the time of excution of a particular unix command

Hi experts, It would be grateful if you can guide me on the following, 1.How to find the time of excution of a particular unix command. 2. How to find the terminal (IP Address) from where that particular unix command was excuted. 3. How to find the user who executed that particular unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm closing automatically after command excution

Hi, I have a commands in a file called commands.file, I am using this file with the following commnad xterm -e "commands.file" After executing this file in the new xterm, it is closing automatically. I want to use that xterm after that. Please help me regarding this? :) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitubek
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailing customized and formatted ls -lt command output

I'm trying to write a script to email the output of 'ls -lt' command that are 30 days old along with headers for eg. like owner, date, timestamp and a portion of some special character files like 'slfpay$/#:032508AA' in /home/test directory, I just want the numbers from the last field ($9), also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question