Remove default data hash sorting in perl script?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove default data hash sorting in perl script?
# 1  
Old 10-06-2010
Remove default data hash sorting in perl script?

Hi,

I have a datahash with 'n' number of values in perl script. I am writing a xml file from the datahash. I am getting output with sorting(Field sorting). My question is that i don't want any default sorting.whatever i am inserting into datahash it should give same xml file.

Any help?

this is bleow code
Code:
my %dataHash;
%dataHash = ();
#$loginCnt is key
# $usrLoginID and $usrPriv retrieved value
$dataHash{Server}{Login}{$loginCnt}{DBLogin} = $usrLoginID;  
$dataHash{Server}{Login}{$loginCnt}{Access} = $usrPriv;

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-06-2010 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting values of hash in ascending order using Perl

I want to sort values of a hash in ascending order. my %records; for my $value (sort values %records){print $value,"\n";} When I use the above code I get values in this order: 1,10,11,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. But, I need values in my output in this order: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11. Can Someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koneru_18
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sorting a hash value that is a list.

Hi Folks I am very much a newbie at perl but picking it up and I'm hoping you can help. I have a file input that details all the /etc/group files in our enterprise in the following format: "<host>:<group>:<gid>:<users>" I want to parse this data display it as the following:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_string
9 Replies

4. Programming

perl script to create hash.

Hi, I have the xml file file this, perl script to create hash<p> <university> <name>svu</name> <location>ravru</location> <branch> <electronics> <student name="xxx" number="12"> <semester number="1"subjects="7" rank="2"/> </student> <student name="xxx"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting keys of a hash in perl

hi all, i have a small problem regarding sorting the keys in a hash. my %hash; for($i=0;$i<19;$i++) { $hash{$i}=$i; } foreach $c (sort keys %hash) { print "\n $hash{$c}"; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl-extract data from hash values

Hello, I have parsed an xml file using perl to get the hash values and the output looks like this $VAR1 = { 'RT' => { 'List' => { 'String' => ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: reading 2 column data into Hash file

I am trying to read in a 2 column data file into Perl Hash array index. Here is my code. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $file = "file_a"; my @line = (); my $index = 0; my %ind_file = (); open(FILE, $file) or die($!); while(<FILE>) { chomp($_); if ($_ eq '') { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhap
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a hash to another script in perl

I have a script (say script1.sh ) and I am calling a script (say script2.sh) within the script1.sh. Here in script1.sh I have a hash ( say %hash1) and i have to pass this hash to script2.sh. Basically i have to do some processing in Scirpt2.sh based on the hash(key,values). I wanted to know how can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL data - sorting

Hello, I have a page where multiple fields and their values are displayed. But I am able to sort only a few fields. When I looked into the issue, it is seen that the for each row of info , an unique id is generated and id.txt is generated and saved. Only those fields which are inside that id.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
locale(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       locale(3pm)

NAME
locale - Perl pragma to use or avoid POSIX locales for built-in operations SYNOPSIS
@x = sort @y; # Unicode sorting order { use locale; @x = sort @y; # Locale-defined sorting order } @x = sort @y; # Unicode sorting order again DESCRIPTION
This pragma tells the compiler to enable (or disable) the use of POSIX locales for built-in operations (for example, LC_CTYPE for regular expressions, LC_COLLATE for string comparison, and LC_NUMERIC for number formatting). Each "use locale" or "no locale" affects statements to the end of the enclosing BLOCK. Starting in Perl 5.16, a hybrid mode for this pragma is available, use locale ':not_characters'; which enables only the portions of locales that don't affect the character set (that is, all except LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE). This is useful when mixing Unicode and locales, including UTF-8 locales. use locale ':not_characters'; use open ":locale"; # Convert I/O to/from Unicode use POSIX qw(locale_h); # Import the LC_ALL constant setlocale(LC_ALL, ""); # Required for the next statement # to take effect printf "%.2f ", 12345.67' # Locale-defined formatting @x = sort @y; # Unicode-defined sorting order. # (Note that you will get better # results using Unicode::Collate.) See perllocale for more detailed information on how Perl supports locales. NOTE
If your system does not support locales, then loading this module will cause the program to die with a message: "Your vendor does not support locales, you cannot use the locale module." perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 locale(3pm)