linux bash script to sun solaris

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting linux bash script to sun solaris
# 1  
Old 09-28-2010
linux bash script to sun solaris

Hi guys,
I seek a solution for this action for Sun solaris.

Code:
find /sapmnt/${up}/global -prune -printf "%m %M %u %g %p\n" > $DAT1

The Application/Utilities in Sun Solaris are to old and cant understand
"-printf". An update for Application/Utilities is exist, but not possible to implement this.

thanks for your help
ixibits

Last edited by vbe; 09-28-2010 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: spelling - code tags
# 2  
Old 09-28-2010
hi
which your system ? sparc, sol7-8...10 or ?

why could not implement ?
isnt there any source file (for gnu find) to your o.s ?
# 3  
Old 09-28-2010
Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.9 Generic May 2002

The System Owner will not uapdate the Application/Utilities Smilie
# 4  
Old 09-28-2010
actually do you want an alternative command for this ?

Code:
find /sapmnt/${up}/global -prune -printf "%m %M %u %g %p\n" > $DAT1

# 5  
Old 09-28-2010
It has nothing to do with Solaris too old but the find command itself : You were not using a standard find on your other box (linux...) but the GNU find...
As suggested your only option if you want to use your syntax as is would be to get installed GNU find on your Solaris...
# 6  
Old 09-28-2010
MySQL

if you search an alternative then you can try this Smilie
Code:
# find /sapmnt/directory/global -prune |pkgproto|sed 's/.* .* \(.*\) \(.*\) \(.*\) \(.*\)/\2 \3 \4 \1/'
0755 root root /sapmnt/directory/global

This User Gave Thanks to ygemici For This Post:
# 7  
Old 09-28-2010
yes, that is it :-)

many thanks
ixibits
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to create alias in bash Sun solaris

Hello Friends, I am facing problem in creating aliases. I am working in SunOS 5.10. When I login in system i have been given ksh shell. What i am doing is that ? I am changing shell to bash then I am creating 2 alias in command prompt like: alias deploy_dir=' cd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX, Linux and Sun Solaris Dummy

My name is Jimmy. My company support a client that using Sun Microsystems and Oracle. I'm totally zero knowledge about it. Only know installation a bit in Debian Linux and some commands. Do anyone here can help me at least some idea how to operate the Sun Microsystems. Please correct me if i'm... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyysk
14 Replies

4. Solaris

Vi in Linux Vs Sun Solaris

Hello All, there is some strange behaviour of VI editor while i am working in SunSolaris. I am trying to open a small file using vi abc.txt and it take around 5 mins for that file to open.. While i loggin to LINUX box which same profile and environment settings and opening the same file with vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
3 Replies

5. Linux

Migrating from SENDMAIL on SUN SOLARIS to POSTFIX on Linux

Migrating from sendmail on SUN Solaris to POSTFIX on Linux. I have been asked to migrate our sendmail to postfix on Linux and would appreciate and information. Hints and tips on the process involved. Perhaps any links to useful site or documentation that you may know about. Many Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between sun solaris and linux?

Hi All, Iam curious to know wat are the differences between a sun machine and a linux machine?( In terms of architecture,applications etc) Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raz
3 Replies

7. Linux

Linux 7.3 & Sun Solaris 8 - common account login

is it possible to have an common login account for both linux and Solaris? Having problem in logging into linux, unable to load completely. home directory residue in Solaris 8, export out. No NIS running, only NFS in place. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question