Xen Server Installation on CentOS6...?

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Xen Server Installation on CentOS6...?
# 1  
Old 10-01-2011
Xen Server Installation on CentOS6...?

Hello Folks,
Anyone know about the support possibilities of Xenserver(open source) on CentOS6..?
As I Googled and read alot of forums, but no luck. I have tried the followings.
Kernel: 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64
Arch: x86_64

When tried to install XenServer from source.
Xen4.0 - Xen Wiki
make xen
make tools
make stubdom

#make tools
Error:
make[3]: *** [check-build] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/xen-4.0-testing.hg/tools/check'
make[2]: *** [subdir-install-check] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/xen-4.0-testing.hg/tools'
make[1]: *** [subdirs-install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/xen-4.0-testing.hg/tools'
make: *** [install-tools] Error 2

Added the file "/etc/yum.repos.d/XEN4.1.1_x86_64.repo" with the following lines.
[gitco-xen4.1.1]
name=RHEL/CentOS-$releasever - GITCO XEN4.1.1
baseurl=http://www.gitco.de/repo/xen4.1.1
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

After that, executed
#yum install xen virt-manager kernel-xen
But it fails.

Any clue..?

Thanks,
Jay
chandranjoy@gmail.com
http://forum.innovationframes.com/
# 2  
Old 10-01-2011
try yum clean and yum list
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

NFS4 and acl: perfect on Slackware,not working on centos6,why?

I have a problem with acl and nfs4 on centos. On Slackware clients nfs4 fs mounted works fine,acl (posix,not nfs acl) is respected. On Centos 6.4 very strange thing..acl is not working on nfs4. nfsmount.conf and idmapd.conf are the same on all client and kernel options on nfs acl are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Data recovery from lost+found in centos6.2

Respective sir, I have Centos-6.2 on my system(P-4,1GB RAM, 80GB hdd).While working on my system I just face one problem my all folder get symbol of lock so I go for open terminal but my terminal is also not opened.So I shut down my pc without proper way.After restart my system I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Apache Server installation

Hi, can we install two diferent versions of apache on same server for different applications? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation of Xen hypervisor

I want the steps to install Xen hypervisor (with Domain 0) on linux kernel 2.6.38.8 on ubuntu.Actually there are many links for the steps but each link shows differenet commands.So I want a precise note containing the steps for installation of Xen:wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratibha
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red5 Server Installation

Hello, I Have a Problem... I have a Debian server where I would like Red5 instalation. Now I have the Red5 0.9.1 loaded on my server and want to instalation with *make* the server and it did not work. I keep getting this message here.: I have ant-ivy also already installed and all of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JungBoy1988
1 Replies

6. Fedora

Xvm Xen doesn't find installation files

Hello all, trying to install a host-os on a freshly installed Opensolaris machine, I keep getting the error "Could not find an installable distribution". It seems there are a hundred of people out there with the same problem, but nobody ever bothered to post a solution to their questions...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
3 Replies

7. Solaris

how do I make my workstation an installation server for a remote server?.

Is there a way I can make my Sun workstation as a installation server for a remote server?. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Server Installation Help

Forgive me for posting this. That was the wrong way to install the NXServer. If anyone has documentation links, let me know please. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smac
0 Replies

9. Solaris

appache server installation

hi , I am trying to install appache 2 on solaris 9 over SPARC . i have configured the server , run make and make install . but when i try to start the appachectl it is giving me an error. it says that : "ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
9 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question