getting the file --- Automation by date

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers getting the file --- Automation by date
# 1  
Old 10-24-2005
Bug getting the file --- Automation by date

Hi All,

I am new to UNIX and need your help....

I want to ftp some files from a UNIX Server to my windows desktop.

a general process wil flow like this

cd\
cd dir1\folder1\
ftp 172.30.1.26
cd home\folder2
mget *20051024*.* \\ need to get all files of the current date \\
bye
exit

Now this has a starting from DOS comds and then ftp to a UNIX server. How can I make a script which can do this all atonce.

Please reply.

Thx
Sid

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine Date,TotalFile,total size of file based on date

I have file listed like below -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 26 14:43 test1.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 26 14:44 test2.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 27 10:41 test3.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 244K Nov 27 10:41 test4.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 27 10:41 test5.gz I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pick the latest file with date as one among the file name.( not exactly present date.)?

i have files like 1)20131112_abc_01.csv and 2)20131113_abc_01.csv and 3)20131113_abc_02.csv when i try to fetch the file in the next day. it shud pick the third file.. plz help me.. and i use `date +"%Y%m%d"` command to fetch..it fetches the current date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: applepie
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for unknown date inside the file and replace to new date

Hello, Iam a newbies to Shell scripting. Iam trying to replace the date inside the file to new date. is there anyway that we can just use the pattern to search as "..." I have many files want to replace with the same date, and each file contains different date. Thanks for your help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation, Copy, File Status Check --> Script(s)

All, I have to write a script to do the following requirement. There is a file called BUSINESS_DATE.TXT. This file get updated once the oracle partition created. In Oracle, Partition will be created every day. There is a seperate script scheduled to take care ORACLE partition creation. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_mrkg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date in Automation of backup jobs

I am writing a shell script to make datapump backups automated in Oracle database.Can you help me how to change the date in the dump and log file to the next day? expdp system/test@Database dumpfile=expdp_database_11Jun2012 -`date '+%d%m%Y'`.dmp directory=datapump_database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjvl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding date numeral from file and check the validity of date format

hi there I have file names in different format as below triss_20111117_fxcb.csv triss_fxcb_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11172011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11-17-2011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117xfb.csv... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)