Need help fast

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need help fast
# 1  
Old 06-15-2004
Need help fast

I am trying to reset the IP address on a Unix HP box here in my office and I am stuck in this EM100 mode and cant issue any commands. Any help would be great. By the way I no zero about unix. Thanks
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in this script fast

i have log files that represent names, times and countries, each name come once in country but may in diff times i need at end each name visited which country and its USA | Tony | 12:25:22:431 Italy | Tony | 09:33:11:212 **** Italy| John | 08:22:12:349 France | Adam | 14:22:42:981... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small fast question

just to confirm du from sh show sizes as multiples of 512 byte right? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How do you ufsrestore the fast way?

hi, on my sol9 box i create my backup using the below command: /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u1 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u2 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u3 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u4 now on the new sol10 box, to restore i use this commands: cd /u1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing words in a fast way

Hi, I have a file that looks like this: br0 br0 br1 br10 br11 br12 br13 br14 br15 br15 br2 br2 br3 br4 br5 br6 br7 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fast export in unix

/opt/teradata/client/bin/fexp <<EOP .LOGTABLE load_work.datastore_log1 ; .LOGON BOX/userid,password; .BEGIN EXPORT SESSIONS 20; .EXPORT OUTFILE $path MODE RECORD FORMAT TEXT; select trim(cast(PROC_YYMM_DT as char(5))) (title ''), cast('~' as char(1)), trim(cast(ACCNO as char(21)))... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: depakjan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fast way of find and replace, help

Hi All, I have nearly 200 files in a directory, each file is of nearly of 5000 lines. Each line of each file is having its 3rd field to be replaced by corresponding replace_string(2nd field of file1.out below). i.e. -Search the 3rd field of each line of each of 200 files in file1.out, get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
1 Replies

7. Solaris

what is that 1 in the instruction!~ (please help fast)

Hi all, make_lofs /.cdrom/<something>/<something> 1 what does this instruction mean? Note:both the "something" are obviously different . I would like to know what that 1 means, the rest of the instruction is clear!! Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
PUSH(8)                                                     BSD System Manager's Manual                                                    PUSH(8)

NAME
push -- fetch mail via POP SYNOPSIS
push [-5 | --krb5] [-v | --verbose] [-f | --fork] [-l | --leave] [--from] [-c | --count] [--headers=headers] [-p port-spec | --port=port-spec] po-box filename DESCRIPTION
push retrieves mail from the post office box po-box, and stores the mail in mbox format in filename. The po-box can have any of the follow- ing formats: 'hostname:username' 'po:hostname:username' 'username@hostname' 'po:username@hostname' 'hostname' 'po:username' If no username is specified, push assumes that it's the same as on the local machine; hostname defaults to the value of the MAILHOST environ- ment variable. Supported options: -5, --krb5 use Kerberos 5 (if compiled with support for Kerberos 5) -f, --fork fork before starting to delete messages -l, --leave don't delete fetched mail --from behave like from. -c, --count first print how many messages and bytes there are. --headers=headers a list of comma-separated headers that should get printed. -p port-spec, --port=port-spec use this port instead of the default 'kpop' or '1109'. The default is to first try Kerberos 5 authentication and then, if that fails, Kerberos 4. ENVIRONMENT
MAILHOST points to the post office, if no other hostname is specified. EXAMPLES
$ push cornfield:roosta ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box tries to fetch mail for the user roosta from the post office at ``cornfield'', and stores the mail in ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box (you are using Gnus, aren't you?) $ push --from -5 havregryn tries to fetch From: lines for current user at post office ``havregryn'' using Kerberos 5. SEE ALSO
from(1), pfrom(1), movemail(8), popper(8) HISTORY
push was written while waiting for movemail to finish getting the mail. HEIMDAL May 31, 1998 HEIMDAL