checking for filesizes before sending

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting checking for filesizes before sending
# 1  
Old 01-10-2004
checking for filesizes before sending

Hi there,
I have a ksh script that send an sql to a database, exports the results to a directory, then send this file later after formation to an ftp server.
Problem ... this file sometimes contains nothing, so i will like to extend my scripts to check the filesize and when = 0, then it exits with an error code (8) as an example.

can someone help.
Rgds
Jiky
# 2  
Old 01-10-2004
What shell are you using? In Korn Shell, I believe you can use the test -s to test for size > 0. see man test
# 3  
Old 01-12-2004
see test(1) man page

/usr/bin/test will work with all shells.

- F
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script for checking the last image and sending it in attachment to mail

Hello every one. I use mutt : "mpack -s "Test" /home/pi/Pictures/2018-10-05_23_10_40.jpg my_email_addres " to send me a particular picture with the name of the data+jpg in a pictures folder, but this folder I use it for a timelapse proyect with more pictures , and what I need is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxbcn
2 Replies

2. SCO

Stop boot system at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases"

Hi, (i'm sorry for my english) I'm a problem on boot sco unix 5.0.5 open server. this stop at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases" (See this image ) I'm try this: 1) http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/50/37093/#post37094 2) SCO: SCO Unix - Server hangs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buji
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail

How can i send a mail when user login in unix ENV. How can i know present use mailID?? Moved out of Contact Us Forum - Please Do Not Post Technical Questions in Non-Technical Forum(s) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail

Hi All, I have a script that looks like this: *********** #!/bin/sh -x cd /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/spdb/spdb/trace cat alert_spdb.log|grep Archiver >/dev/null if ; then mailx -s "Archiver message in Alert log" user@email.com fi ************ Im using the -x option to see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradba888
1 Replies

5. AIX

Mailx Not sending

How can I check to see how/why my mailx program is not sending? /var has enough room. -Thanks ---------- Post updated at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:35 AM ---------- I tested the mailx to send with this command: echo "This is going to be body of the mail" |mailx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tfort73
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking for non-zero value

I have a process that spits out a file called sqlplus.out, here is what the result looks like: Currently the value you see is zero, what I need to do is perform an action if that value is non-zero, so how do I check that value in an if statement? If it helps at this moment in development the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: philplasma
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email

hi, is there any possiblity to send email from the command prompt, for eg i want to send alert to any mail id like /data/logs is 80% to my hotmail account , xxx@hotmail.com is this really possible,, if not, then what are the prerequistes need to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail, status checking

After I send a mail thr unix with following command uuencode tmpFile | mailx -s "sub1" emailid Yet, I havent received this mail at intended mail client. In order to find out if the sent mail action resulted in failure, I checked at /usr/spool/mail/userid But there also I couldnt find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Sending a break

Is it possiable to do this. I have a V880 server that I need to get to the ok prompt on. I telnet to a term server that the Solairs server is connected to so I am really not on the term server though I can access the server and send commands. I sent a command that I need to break and get back... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question