View 30 days history of freemem Solaris 10

Operating Systems Solaris View 30 days history of freemem Solaris 10
# 1  
Old 03-28-2014
View 30 days history of freemem Solaris 10

I need to bump up the memory allocated to an Oracle database running on Solaris 10. While I see there is currently plenty of free memory to spare, how do I view the history of free memory on Solaris over the last month? What is the exact command?

---------- Post updated at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:14 PM ----------

Figured out how to print the average for a given day in the last 30 days:

This prints the average freemem and freeswap for a given day in GB. Replace "saDD" with the day of the month you're interested in. For example, sa15, for the 15th day of the month.

HTML Code:
sar -r -f /var/adm/sa/saDD | grep -i average | awk '{m=$2/1024/1024; s=$3/1024/1024; print $1, m, s;}';
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris History

why in solaris 10 I do not get history when I have the role as root? computer.root > history I get history:not found I am in computer.root > echo $SHELL /bin/sh computer.root > how can I see roots history in the sh shell? but in other shells I can only see my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help interpreting this freemem/freeswap graph

Hi, I am sure some gurus will recognize what this graph is. This is provided by our SA but I can't understand his explanation. I am not sure if this is from kSar or Cacti. The link that I was given to is to a kSar directory so I am assuming this output is from kSar. Hopefully, I can get a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to view command in history for specific date

hi i want to find a command in history for specific date . is it possible that i can view ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to view audit logs in Solaris?

Does anyone know if there is software written to view the audit logs generated by Solaris? I am referring the the logs created by auditd. It produces an unreadable log. I am familiar with auditreduce and praudit, but I am looking for something that produces a report, much like logwatch looks at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for to view all users & groups history in root

Dear All, I want to know all users & group history in one file, for root terminal through shell or any other option (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PostgreSQL view output older than 90 days

I am trying to find the correct syntax to give me row output only older than 90 days. I am using psql NOT mySQL or MSSQL! Here is the sql command i am running SELECT dataset.id, timezone('UTC', dataset.create_time)::date, history.name as History_Name, history.id, hda.name as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mykey242
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to view my post submitted 4 days ago

Hi Moderator, I am not able to view my post Shell Programming and Scripting - The UNIX and Linux Forums 7 Hours Ago by scottn · Go to last post · 2, 43. Encryption of card number ( Multi-page thread 1 2). mad_man12. 8 Hours Ago by Corona688 · Go to last post ... Please Advice (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

View process history

Hi, Is there any way to view process history. Suppose I had killed a few procs yesterday and now I want to see what were the procs that were running yesterday? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

9. Solaris

how to view explorer output in solaris

Hi, I want to run pkg something called SUNWexplorer and find the output. Where i can find the pkg? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
1 Replies

10. Solaris

solaris 10 vi history

i got solaris 10 DVD and i install it on intel 64. how do i set history to vi for command line? i can use backup space as well, it goes with "^H". this won't work, export EDITOR=vi, it response with not an identifier. thanks itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question