iptables problem

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers iptables problem
# 1  
Old 01-12-2014
iptables problem

Hallo I have a configuration problem.
I my ubuntu server (with iptables) I have 3 interfaces (ip ending with 1)
I have a private network ETH2à192.168.238.0/24
a DMZ: ETH1à192.168.238.0/24
and an external interface (eth 0 -->10.20.4.0/23)

im my dmz I have a webserver (192.168.238.2)

How can I access to the webserver from the private network?
I opened the ports with 2 FORWARD rules (from eth2 to eth1 and from eth1 to eth2)
Now I have to set a nat rule, but If I make this rule:
Code:
iptables –t nat –A PREROUTING –i eth2 –p tcp  --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 192.168.238.2

It is working but I cannot go to internet (eth0) anymore, because each http packet is going to the internal webserver.
How to relolve that?
Thank you very much

Last edited by bartus11; 01-12-2014 at 09:48 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Router problem or ISP problem ?

Hi everyone, I am experiencing discontinuity of Internet service, this started 1 month ago. Everything worked very well for 1 year of intensive use, but now, I have problems reaching my gateway. The gateway is not my router but a node belonging to my ISP and I share the same public IP with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remic
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with iptables while doing tftp.

Hi all, I have a problem. I have iptables enabled in my ubuntu system on which tftp server is configured. Now when I try to do a tftpget from another ubuntu 32-bit machine, file transfer is not happening. But, when iptables are disabled, everything is fine. I heard that some ip_conntrack module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

iptables problem with ftp

I have a pretty stock iptables script. One rule allows active ftp from an outside IP address. To troubleshoot it, I opened up ftp to all connections from the outside. When a user outside our domain connects via FTP, they are denied. If I flush the rules, the ftp takes place successfully. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

6. Linux

iptables rule problem

Hi, i have 40 client's in my network, that connected to internet via squid server (WebProxy). i want none of these client can't ping my squid server bat squid server can ping them.i wrote these rules but it is'nt work. iptables -P INPUT DROP iptables -P OUTPUT DROP iptables -A INPUT -p... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skynet_boy
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

8. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH Problem auth problem

Hi, Just recently we seem to be getting the following error message relating to SSH when we run the UNIX script in background mode: warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation.^M warning: Authentication failed.^M Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budrito
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

same old, same old - and iptables problem

I'm having a problem with iptables, despite being an old hand with ipchains. I am getting the following message when I try to "start" my iptables: I would usually say that one of the iptables kernel modules isn't loaded, especially if the `' actually read `nat' or `mangle' or something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question