Command to create

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to create
# 1  
Old 07-23-2012
Command to create

Hi experts,
Can I get the command to create directories with a limited space defined for it.

---------- Post updated at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:52 PM ----------

For example I want to create a directory with a space of 1 mb defined to it
# 2  
Old 07-23-2012
Directories do not work that way. They do not define space inside them.

What's your system? You could use quotas, or disk images...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I create 3 files in one command

Hi Gurus, I need to separate a file to 3 (based on column 1 value). I have code like below. it works. awk -F"|" '$1=="H" {print $0}' ${filename} > ${hea_name} awk -F"|" '$1=="D" {print $0}' ${filename} > ${det_name} awk -F"|" '$1=="T" {print $0}' ${filename} > ${tra_name} is it possible... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Short command to create two files >{respo,nd}.php (with "tee" command?)

08:29 < xsi> >{respo,nd}.php bash: {respo,nd}.php: ambiguous redirect 08:31 < geirha> xsi: maybe you want tee So I was advised to do so. And I can't create two OR MORE files at once with {a,b,c,d,e,f}.php (which I quickly now need to create and to learn to create in the future to quickly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create 2 directories in one command

Hi how can i create 2 directories in two different directories ($HOME and $PWD) with 1 command? dir 1 in $HOME and dir2 in $PWD (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinababy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create the equivalent of the command WC

hi all, i'm trying to do this exercise, i want to create a script that can substitute WC command in unix, can someone help me? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marina2013
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create subfolder within folder in one command

suppose if i am checking folder g as shown below path a/b/c/d/e/f/g ,and some directory c,d,e,f,g not present then is there anyway to create directory in one command or i need to use mkdir for everyfolder (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

6. Solaris

what command was used to create a filesystem

How do we determine what command was used (either newfs or mkfs) to create a filesystem? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I create a file from the command line

I want to create a file explicitly from the command line without going in to the file directly just create it. Can I do that? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: airon23bball
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create alias with awk command

Good morning I would like kindly to ask you to help me with creation of alias with awk command. alias a="awk {print $1 "| " $2 "| " $3 "| " $4 "| " $5 "| " $6 "| " $7 "| " $8 "| " $13 "| " }" there is some error but I don't find it please explain me what is error and how can be avoid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: papa1980
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create files with one command

I whant a create some files in the certain range. For example, begin 8811 and finishing 8878 I know one good decision touch 88{11,12,13,14,15,16,...,...,78} I try touch 88, but i don't have results :( Bash create file with name 88 :) But it very long command :( I wanna create it easy ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to create a command alias

I want to create a command alias. I know what shell I'm using, I just don't know which file to inter the command alias. When I type "echo $SHELL" the output is as follows: bin/sh If I'm correct, this is the bourne shell. Does anyone know which file to edit in this particular shell? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question