How to use variable in sftp

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use variable in sftp
# 1  
Old 12-16-2010
Java How to use variable in sftp

Hi ,

Can someone help me in how to use a variable in sftp.

Example:

FILE_LIST=file_list.txt
REMOTE_USER=user1
REMOTE_HOST=host1

sftp $REMOTE_USER@$REMOTE_HOST
cd /home/user1
get $FILE_LIST

while executing the above script it is giving the below error:

Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory
File "/landing/csc/impss_server/$FILE_LIST" not found

Many Thanks,
MSK
# 2  
Old 12-16-2010
try using heredoc. Link
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to SFTP

Hi All, I am using SFTP command to transfer the file. SRC=`pwd` DIG=123 /bin/sftp -B /dev/stdin xyz@abc.net <<:: mput ${SRC}/GGG.${DIG}.tar.gz bye :: The problem is, after entring into sftp command, it is not taking variable values of SRC and DIG. can someone help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

10. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question