Launch application in background

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Launch application in background
# 8  
Old 04-27-2010
Thanks a lot!

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch Script

Hi all! I just got done writing a script. The problem Im running into is I have to lanuch the script with: sh SCRIPT.sh Is there a way to launch it with by just entering SCIPT into the shell? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

3. Linux

Can't launch firefox

Hi all, I installed RHEL on my machine and realized that firefox browser was not included at installation. I went back and added it using the Add or Remove Packages by inserting the dvd I used during installation. The icon is there but for some reason I cannot lauch. Nothing returns when I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
12 Replies

4. Linux

Launch application in gnome session of another user.

A gnome session is launched by UserA of System A, I am connected to userB of System B(or A) through PUTTY. I want to launch an application for eg: gedit through Putty in the display of system A. how can I achieve this. for eg:- root is logged in to System A, with gdm. DISPLAY=0.0, ip =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to launch a new process

Hi, I have a situation where a C main program needs to call another C main program, my background is mostly Windows and I'm new to UNIX programming. I've read about system(), fork(), and exec() and I'm a little confused as to what the sequence of steps should be to launch another process. By the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr94131
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

launch a command only if

Hi! I would launch this command: tar -cvvf logswitch.tar `find *.log* -mtime +5` --remove-files only if find *.log* -mtime +5 find some files. Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to launch program though telnet

I have launched telnet on nt and have connected to a unix server, I'm trying to run a program on the unix server which will launch a gui, but when I try to launch it I get the message "display not set\n" "By default set it to 0.0" I can sit down at the unix machine and launch the program with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbachman
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Launch an independent process.

Hello, I needed a help please... I have an application which launches process. For this i am using fork and execv method calls. By doing this my launched process are now child process of the parent process(launching process). I dont want this to happen, i want the process that is launched to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
cmappmgr(1m)															      cmappmgr(1m)

NAME
cmappmgr - launches and monitors an application process on a node SYNOPSIS
cmappmgr -node node_name [-cmappserver_timeout number_of_seconds] -service service_name DESCRIPTION
cmappmgr launches and monitors the specified application process on a specified node. The cmappserver(1m) daemon process must be running on the specified node, and there must be a routable TCP/IP network between the specified node and the local host where cmappmgr(1m) is run. cmappmgr exits when the application process exits. Options cmappmgr supports the following options: -node node_name Name of the node on which to launch the application process. -cmappserver_timeut number_of_seconds The number of seconds that must elapse before cmappmgr times out the connection with cmappserver on the specified node. This is optional. The default value is 10 seconds. The maximum value that can be specified is 600 seconds, and the mini- mum value is 1 second. -service service_name The full command line for the application or process to be launched. Note that -service must be the last argument speci- fied for cmappmgr as all strings following the argument are considered as part of the command line to launch the applica- tion process. Quotation marks ("") are not required. RETURN VALUE
cmappmgr returns the following value upon completion: 0 Successful completion. >= 1 One or more error conditions occurred. The value generally reflects the exit code of the process. If, for any reason, the process fails to launch on the specified node (for example, because of an error connecting to cmappserver), cmappmgr exits with 1. EXAMPLES
To launch an xclock application on the node v-smp1: cmappmgr -node v-smp1 -service /usr/bin/X11/xclock -display 16:89:255:19:0.0 AUTHOR
cmappmgr was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmappserver(1m). Designing high-availability solutions with HP Serviceguard and HP Integrity Virtual Machines Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmappmgr(1m)