Script: users

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script: users
# 8  
Old 06-10-2009
Not sure. who -a may not work, I think.
try manipulating ps. grep for ksh, sh, csh etc.
# 9  
Old 06-10-2009
You make it look so simple lol. I'll try Smilie

-----Post Update-----

Ehhhmm... I really don't know where to look :P. I googled it and found something about utmp... Can that be useful?

-----Post Update-----

Sorry for this double post but I still haven't found the sessions thing. I don't even know where to look for :/

-----Post Update-----

You can close this. I got all the answers I need!

Last edited by SignaTune; 06-10-2009 at 12:00 PM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Script for Creating more users like 50 in one server

Hi friends could you please share me the script to create more users in one server except newusers, is there any option to change secondary group and how to print passwd and changing the age all these things how can i edit in newsers.. please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiankrish
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete users in the servers

Hi Team, Hope you are doing good.I am new to scripting.I have a requirement of deleting around 10 users in 100 servers.It is very time consuming by logging into each servers and delete the user.Here I have redhat 6 ,Suse linux 10&11 environment servers. In one set of servers I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for creating users

Hi, I wants to create the users for multiple machine from single main server using the shell script ,can you please help me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using expect to switch users in a script

hi, I need to switch users in a script I'm newbee to expect I wrote two files 1 sudo.exp, since su4098 is used as root in my laptop #!/usr/bin/expect spawn su su4098 expect *Password:* send mypsw\n interact 2 test.sh ls ./sudo.exp tcpdump -i wlan0 su esolve ls however, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for showing last users

Hi! I'm new in scripting and I need some help with one simple script. I have to write a program that shows in a predetermined period (using "last" command), to draw up a list of users who have used the machine during this period. Each user to indicate how many sessions it has been during this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vassu
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change password for all users

We have a server where we have a number of user ids and we also have the list of old passwords in a CSV file. Now we want to change the password of all the users and assign them a default password.Can we write a shell script to do that. I am planning to read the user name and corresponding... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help for users

Hello guys, I would appreciate if someone can help me for this task: I have a large txt file that contains lots of user ids in different format. I need to run this against a database output ldif file and print to a file whether they exist or not. And if they exist then I need to print their... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmontr
9 Replies

8. AIX

Script allows user to kill other users: I'd like to know HOW...

Hello list, Have a problem that's highlighting gaps in my knowledge; can you assist? We have a script that's tacked onto our trading application which allows branch managers etc. to kill off the sessions of other users at their branch. A menu option in the application spawns a shell running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to create users on many servers

Hi all, working on script to create a user acct on all our servers. for i in `cat $host_file`; do ssh $i /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/mkuser id='bpadm' gecos='NetBackup Admin' 2>&1 >> $log done error i get is: 3004-692 Error changing "id" to "bpadm" : Value is invalid. I have tried this in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnidiffer
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I change users in a script???

Hi there, Does anyone know of a way I can become a different user in a script? I need to run a script as one user (not root), and change to another user half way through. It stops and asks me for the password, and I can't find a way to feed the password in through the script. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chorgan
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question