Bourne script: Check for root and oracle user

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bourne script: Check for root and oracle user
# 8  
Old 09-25-2008
I don't have the authority to install anything I like in the server Smilie
# 9  
Old 09-25-2008
Does the ps/awk command work? It should be architecturally neutral, in which case you can create a function in your code:

id () {
ps u $$ | awk '{ print $1 }'
}
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Switch from Local user to root user from a shell script?

Hi, I need to switch from local user to root user in a shell script. I need to make it automated so that it doesn't prompt for the root password. I heard the su command will do that work but it prompt for the password. and also can someone tell me whether su command spawns a new shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Database - How to check if user roles and system roles are separated?

I have these two table. How do I see if user roles and system roles are seperated? SQL> desc DBA_ROLES; Name Null? Type ----------------------------------------- -------- ---------------------------- ROLE NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

New user needs help with bourne shell script

This is my question, below the question is the template Write and execute a Bourne shell script called homework that will From within the script, create three background processes: a) (2 points) one that saves a long listing of your hidden files to a file named hiddenlist b) (2 points) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luislozoya
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to check local accounts have root and user access rights ?

Hi, I have three servers,For 3 servers how i can take output,all the local accounts and details of whether the access is Root or User access. cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjithm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo to delegate permission from non-root user to another non-root user

I've been through many threads before i decide to create a separate thread. I can't really find the solution to my (simple) problem. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: As "canar" user I want to run a command, let's say "/opt/ocaml/bin/ocaml" as "duck" user. The only to achieve this is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run a bash script that logs on as a non-root user and runs script as root

So I have a script that runs as a non-root user, lets say the username is 'xymon' . This script needs to log on to a remote system as a non-root user also and call up a bash script that runs another bash script as root. in short: user xymon on system A needs to run a file as root user and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damang111
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check Oracle tablespace

I'm new to unix script, and I need to check the tablespaces daily, here is the script(quite simple), but it does not work. Did I missed something ? Please guide me, Many thanks ! #!/bin/sh echo "ORA TABLEASPACE:" sqlplus system/oracle as sysdba; set pagesize 9999; set linesize 132; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Where's the .profile environment config for root under Bourne shell?

I don't know where the environment config file for root user is in the Bourne shell on Solaris 10? Can you help me, or am I helpless???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question