command for checking temperature & humidity.

Operating Systems AIX command for checking temperature & humidity.
# 1  
Old 10-21-2006
command for checking temperature & humidity.

what're commands I can use to check temperature and humidity of AIX machine?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help understanding what this ls -l command is checking in a script

Hello, we have a script that has the two following lines: ssh -qno StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o ConnectTimeout=1 user@IP 'ls -l /home/opsmgrsvc >/dev/null 2>&1' > /dev/null 2>&1 status="$(echo $?)" I can't understand what these two lines are doing? When I execute the first line nothing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If && command giving wrong output

Hi All, I am trying to run a script which will search for 2 strings(stopped,started) in a text file and echo an output depending on below condition -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.txt v ggg f -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.sh VAR9=` grep 'stopped' /tmp/trial1.txt` VAR10=` grep 'started'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input while another command is running &&

This script runs tshark, then displays the output. I want to read a keypress at all times throughout this script, especially during the 10 seconds that tshark is running. This code however, only takes input before tshark runs. #!/bin/bash main() { while (( "1" == "1" )) ; do keypress &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiah07
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking if command ran in parallel

Hi, I am running below code For I in $var do .......some line of code....... nohup Sqlplus apps/apps <<EOF & My_proc($I) Exit EOF done Nohup and & is used for parallel processing. Can someone help in determining if the procedure with different arguments Was called paralley or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] BASH - chaining TEST and COMMAND with && and II

Can you explain what this line of script is doing. What I have understood is : -- variable C is the name of a software which is either not installed, so it must be installed or allready installed and then should be update if newer version found -- branch B="$B $C" is to install the software --... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep 10 && command doesn't work

Hi there, I found a trick to easily postpone a command by a few seconds: supernova:~# sleep 10 && command &If you logout, the command should still be executed... But not all the time. Could anyone of you explain me why the following command is executed even after logging out: supernova:~# sleep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking for command output validity

hi, i'm trying to write a script to check if the home directories of users are set correctly. below is an extract of the script here, i am trying to put the name of the owner of the home directory into the variable dirperm (by reading lines in /etc/passwd). however, it seems that when the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roddo90
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Checking Current Service Pack & Hot Fixes of XP

Dear Sir / Madam, With due respect, I am putting forwarad a question that whenever I am trying to check the current Service Pack & Hotfixes in Windows XP, I am getting the response like as under: (Windows can't find the" qfecheck.exe " check it again) in GUI mode ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapan
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Command used for checking space occupied by files & sub-direc's inside a mount in %?

Hi, I want to know the command which can be used for finding the % of disk space occupied by files & sub-folders inside a given mount in Sun Solaris For eg: I have /tmp/ folder when I sat df -k it will give the percentage of space used by /tmp/. Say if I want to see how much % the files &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weblogicsupport
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
REDSHIFT(1)							   User Commands						       REDSHIFT(1)

NAME
redshift - Set color temperature of display according to time of day. SYNOPSIS
redshift -l LAT:LON -t DAY:NIGHT [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
redshift adjusts the color temperature of your screen according to your surroundings. This may help your eyes hurt less if you are working in front of the screen at night. The color temperature is set according to the position of the sun. A different color temperature is set during night and daytime. During twilight and early morning, the color temperature transitions smoothly from night to daytime temperature to allow your eyes to slowly adapt. OPTIONS
-h Display this help message -v Verbose output -V Show program version -b N Screen brightness to apply (max is 1.0) -c FILE Load settings from specified configuration file -g R:G:B Additional gamma correction to apply -l LAT:LON Your current location -l PROVIDER Select provider for automatic location updates (Type `list' to see available providers) -m METHOD Method to use to set color temperature (Type `list' to see available methods) -o One shot mode (do not continuously adjust color temperature) -O TEMP One shot manual mode (set color temperature) -x Reset mode (remove adjustment from screen) -r Disable temperature transitions -t DAY:NIGHT Color temperature to set at daytime/night The neutral temperature is 6500K. Using this value will not change the color temperature of the display. Setting the color temperature to a value higher than this results in more blue light, and setting a lower value will result in more red light. Default values: Daytime temperature: 5500K Night temperature: 3700K Please report bugs to <https://bugs.launchpad.net/redshift> SEE ALSO
The full documentation for redshift is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and redshift programs are properly installed at your site, the command info redshift should give you access to the complete manual. AUTHOR
redshift was written by Martin Koelewijn and Jon Lund Steffensen. This manual page was created by Franziska Lichtblau <rhalina@old-forest.org> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). redshift 1.7 June 2012 REDSHIFT(1)