Top Forums Programming connect problem
# 1  
Old 09-20-2006
connect problem

hello everyone
i have a socket programme in windows need to connet to the linux server
the connection times maybe is 20000.
i use connect function to do this,
during the process , 60 - 90 connection will be fail , (because return value is -1)
but i use perror() ,it tell me no error , errno is 0 ,

confused

thanks
# 2  
Old 09-20-2006
Two questions.
  • What does this windows coding problem have to do with UNIX? That you are connecting to a Linux server does not make it a UNIX problem.
  • Can you show a minimal piece of code that demonstrates the problem? Be sure to put it in code tags to preserve formatting. Like {code} int main() { return(42); {/code} except with [ ] instead of { } for the code tags.

getlasterror() might be more helpful under windows than errno, perror, etc.

Last edited by Corona688; 09-20-2006 at 02:08 PM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts and get result

I have to write a shell script in my current linux server and I have to connect to a different server then do sudo login and finally run some scripts residing in a particular directory and get results back. I am starting to write my shell script as below but after I do ssh login it prompts for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ssh problem - hangs and then wont connect

Got a Solaris 10 server with two interfaces - 10.0.110.233 and 10.0.111.233. I can ssh to 10.0.110.233 with no problems. But after a certain amount of time it just hangs. Nothing. Then if I try to ssh to 10.0.110.233 again - times out. But I can still ssh to 10.0.111.233. And I can still ping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP : refused to connect problem

Hi all, I have just started learning shell scripting. Im using Ksh. Here is the problem. I want to ftp all csv files in a directory from windows to a directory in unix. the script i wrote is below: HOST='IP address' USER='abcd' PASSWD='****' ftp -n $HOST <<END_INPUT user $USER $PASSWD... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
12 Replies

5. Red Hat

VSFTPD connect problem! help me hurry pls

hello every one.. i'm new here... so this is my problem.. have vsftpd server.. and can't log in.. my config: # Example config file /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf # # The default compiled in settings are fairly paranoid. This sample file # loosens things up a bit, to make the ftp daemon more usable.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilate
4 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH connect problem

Hi, I know that I'm a little off the right forum but it seems like there is more experience and knowledge among Unix/Linux users than among Windows users in this case. I have seen many similar explanations on how to set up the public keys in Unix but nothing that I've tried of the Windows tips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

8. Programming

epoll problem with tcp connect()

I am using epoll to manage my network connections. At the client side, the idea is to send the message upon detecting the completion of connect(). I've set up the socket to be nonblocking, then after calling of connect(), I add the socket into the epoll and wait on the event to be detected from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuesday420
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using connect direct

Hi, I have a script in which i'm using ndm connect direct to fetch data from the client server..syntax i'm using is ./con_using_connectdirect /load/nctrl nctrl $xhost where con_using_connectdirect is the script which establishes connection load/nctrl is the path from where data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Connect to RAS callback server: route problem

I'm trying to use my Gentoo Linux home workstation for connecting to a Windows RAS callback server through analogic telephone line (PSTN). I'm using pppd and successfully configured pppd's options and chat files, both for the outgoing call and for receiving the incoming callback. All seems going... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
20 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question