Sun and linux

Operating Systems Solaris Sun and linux
# 1  
Old 07-13-2006
Sun and linux

I know i ask this question in another forum but i didn't get the complet answer i wanted, i am new to unix. I am trying to connect to a Sun microsystem Netra using Red hat linux, using RJ45 to serial port cable. Can anybody guide me through the process of exactly what is it that i have to do. I used to connect to it via telnet when i had windows using hyper terminal, but i got tire of window.
# 2  
Old 07-13-2006
The rules state:

(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Ssh connection from Sun OS to Linux server

Hello, I ahve written a shell script which is doing ssh from UNIX Sun Os to multiple Linux servers one by one using loop. but after first iteration the script is getting exit. Rather it should connect to other linux server as well one by one. Please refer belwo code. #!/bin/ksh #set -x... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux bash script to sun solaris

Hi guys, I seek a solution for this action for Sun solaris. find /sapmnt/${up}/global -prune -printf "%m %M %u %g %p\n" > $DAT1 The Application/Utilities in Sun Solaris are to old and cant understand "-printf". An update for Application/Utilities is exist, but not possible to implement... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixibits
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Vi in Linux Vs Sun Solaris

Hello All, there is some strange behaviour of VI editor while i am working in SunSolaris. I am trying to open a small file using vi abc.txt and it take around 5 mins for that file to open.. While i loggin to LINUX box which same profile and environment settings and opening the same file with vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Difference Sun Vs Linux

Hi All, I have a script in which an array is defined. when i run that on Linux box its fine but when i run on SunOS its points to the line where array is defined as below : syntax error at line 9 : `(' unexpected array defined as ID=( ~Hog ~Todd ~Mike ) Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
0 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Sun starts to distribute Ubuntu Linux

Reference Sun starts to distribute Ubuntu Linux Posted by Matt Asay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between sun solaris and linux?

Hi All, Iam curious to know wat are the differences between a sun machine and a linux machine?( In terms of architecture,applications etc) Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raz
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question