perl or korn shell

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl perl or korn shell
# 1  
Old 04-03-2006
perl or korn shell

hi
what do you think ?
perl or korn shell is efficient?
# 2  
Old 04-03-2006
RE: perl or korn shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrikrishna
hi
what do you think ?
perl or korn shell is efficient?
Are we still talking about ?
Are they exactly the same?
# 3  
Old 04-03-2006
i am asking you

i am asking you
# 4  
Old 04-03-2006
RE: i am asking you

Quote:
i am asking you
OK you can ask me.
# 5  
Old 04-03-2006
what is perl

what is perl
# 6  
Old 04-03-2006
RE: what is perl

Quote:
what is perl
Programming langauge by Larry Wall.
# 7  
Old 04-03-2006
what is korn?

what is korn?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting shell to Perl I run into shell built in function trap and need alternative in Perl

I am working on converting shell to Perl script. In shell we have built in function trap Do you know alternative in Perl or actually we don't need it? Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to korn shell script

I have a perl script which replaces "*" with "|" and "~" with "\n" also it takes the file content starting with ST till record starting with SE written a differnet file, I wanted this to be convereted into KSH script, can anyone help me perl script: perl -e ' $file_counter=0;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis_yy
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PERL from a Korn shell script

I am currently in Afghanistan and do not have access to some of the resources I normally do back in the US. Just accessed this site and it looks promising! Hopefully you will not find my question too much of a waste of your time. I write mostly Korn Shell and PERL on Solaris systems for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mseanowen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + Korn + HTML

I have a perl script that prints up the html code and executes a few korn scripts to populate the web code. Disclaimer === I can throw together some korn scripts pretty quick. This code changes pretty frequently. I don't know enough about perl to do everything I need. One day maybe I'll get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i9300
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell and Perl Administrative Script

I have this script that I want to be able to scan a list of IP address from a file (namlist and snifflist)and Hostnames of network devices to see if they are alive or down and if telnet port 23 is open. I originally started to write this in Korn Shell and ran into some issue trying to closed a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands

I want to be able to run a script on one server, that will spawn another shell which runs some commands on another server.. I have seen some code that may help - but I cant get it working as below: spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "telnet x <port_no>\r" expect "Enter command: " send "LOGIN:x:x;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question